Tire Shine/ Browning Side Walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Shine/ Browning Side Walls

Hi guys. Have you guys noticed your tire sidewalls browning after a while? I have previously used 3M Tire Cleaner and I have used Armour All Tire Shine (with the sponge applicator). The tires look good after I treat them to this, but I have to admit that they get pretty brown after a while. Is it possible that this product is causing this?

G
    Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan Granite Metallic; ASA JH9 19' on Michelin PS2 (225/40/19); Red Caliper Paint by Duplicolor; Partial debadge; Lumar Tint 30/20; Eibach Springs; Razzi Ground Effects; GT-R Exhaust, CRAB Intake, VMS PCM Tune, MPD Hood
    Upcoming Mods: Stage 4

Re: Tire Shine/ Browning Side Walls

the tire shine makes dirt stick to your tires like no other since they are always greasy now. Just wash them off really good with water and soap, then re-apply and you should be good to go!
    18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Thanks. Is there a tire shine brand/ type that is less likely to make my tires brown? Or do they all cause the same thing?

G
      Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan Granite Metallic; ASA JH9 19' on Michelin PS2 (225/40/19); Red Caliper Paint by Duplicolor; Partial debadge; Lumar Tint 30/20; Eibach Springs; Razzi Ground Effects; GT-R Exhaust, CRAB Intake, VMS PCM Tune, MPD Hood

Comment

i get the same problem with all of the ones ive used, which is most of the ones you can get at stores.
        its something in the formula that attracts n holds dust. as far as i know, there isnt a shine that wont hold dirt. its greasy, so its gonna hold dirt to some extent. just wash them when they get dirty n reapply, or use a tire foam that cleans n shines at the same time. those work ok. not great, but the tires do look a lil cleaner

Originally posted by acxdarlene
        no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

I wash my tires whenever I wash my car, and that seems to help. But like everybody else said there isn't really a way around it.
          Mods: FlashTech, GT-R, K&N, Kenwood, JVC, CQuence

Comment

I know this gonna sound retarted. But I used to use Kiwi black shoe polish back in the day(high school) on my Impala and my Chevy II. Just a little dab around the tires and they shined pretty good, and I never really had any trouble with dirt.

On my Dads 61 Continental he used white polish on the wide white walls and I remember as a kid they never looked dull at all.

Dont know if this still works nowadays, on these tires we got now, but it always seemed to work real well on tires from back in the day.

AJ
            De-Badged, Tinted Tails 3rd Brake Light
            Custom Painted Interior, Engine/Battery Covers
            Custom Intake, Racingline MM, Black Upper Grills
            My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

They have white wall cleaner out there i bought some at murrays it takes all the dirt off with a brush and if you have white walls on ur tire it makes them brite as hell. The product almost smells like bleach.
              GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Generally for tires I've always used either purple power (great for brake dust, too!) or comet/ajax and a brush. Never really needed a brush with the purple power though.
                2 12" Kicker CVRs, KX1200.1, Camaro-Style Super Turbo

Comment

I've never had much luck with Armor All products. I usually use Meguiar's Endurance Tire shine but I'm sure there's others that work just as well.

I also found that my Toyo Proxes 4s would brown a lot faster than the LS2s that originally came on my G6.

Comment

Turtle Wax Wet 'n Black Tire Cleaner does a good job, my buddy told me to use it. I live in Saskatchewan which has way to many gravel roads and dust doesn't seem to stick to it much compared to other brands. if it get dirty just rinse and the tires just bead and still look black with no effort. Looks good on all the plastic trim on the 6 too, keeps it looking good long.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll check out some of those products.

G

Comment

Mr Clean Magic Erase Brush...you'd be surprised

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
                        - JL 1000.1 Amp
                        - JL 12" W7
                        - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Comment

I have found that some of the compressed spar tire shines dont leave the tire as wet, which in turn doesnt give dirt and crap as much of a chance to stick to them... I have also found however, the spray shines dont last nearly as long on the tire... but then again application is much quicker...
                          2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

I use silicone spray....

cheaper and less greasy than tire products. Works great on black trim also!!

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP
                              I use silicone spray....

cheaper and less greasy than tire products. Works great on black trim also!!

silicone can sling and get all over the panels around the tires.

Chrome grilles,GM SB,HP Tuners Custom Tune,Mobil 1 Synthetic,15% tint,Custom GTP Floormats,Tinted Taillights, DS Stage 3, GXP Rims.

Comment

Working...
                              X