Horn Tone....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn Tone....

I know little about the horns but what I do know is, my is pretty annoying. Its not too bad (maybe it just hasn't grown on me) but its tone could have a lil more balls. So what I'd like to know is there anyway to make it a little deeper without ripping it out and replacing it?
    My Car Domain
    Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Re: Horn Tone....

every horn is annoying. they should be illegal. why would you ever use it? give me a situation please.
    Packers Record: 4-4
    Steelers Record: 5-2
    Cyclones Record: bad
    High School STATE QUARTERFINALS!!

Comment

Originally posted by RockstarMentality
      every horn is annoying. they should be illegal. why would you ever use it? give me a situation please.

umm getting cut off
      getting teh attention of the car thats about to pull out infront of you
      leting pedestrians know your there
      should i go on???

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

lol i agree if sum1 is about to pull out in front of u
        if u already got cut off, run them off the road. if theres pedestrians in the road, 1. they have the right of way and 2. if they choose to abuse these privleges, 10 points each
        i had fun with this so dont throw a damn fit

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQpa8whz ... re=related

Comment

my friend has a camaro with a momo wheel... no airbag or horn. he has an airhorn lol

Comment

completely agreed, if it gets to the point where they need to know what i think i will yell it out my window.... if it gets past that i'll get out of my car.... there is never a need to use a horn, they're completely annoying and should all burn in a fire

oh, i guess horns are useful for annoying people at night...

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

if theres pedestrians in the road, 1. they have the right of way
                Sorry, that's jaywalking and is a fineable offense in NC unless you're in a designated pedestrian area, such as a crosswalk or college campus (Section 20-174. (a) Every pedestrian crossing a roadway at any point other than within a marked crosswalk or within an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles upon the roadway.). That being said, I don't know anyone who's ever gotten a jaywalking ticket, haha.

You're also supposed to use your horn before traversing a one lane tunnel or bridge, especially when visibility is limited (grew up right beside a one lane bridge you couldn't see over, live near a one lane tunnel currently).

I also find it handy when driving around parking decks/lots, when you see reverse lights and motion you can beep it to let people know you're there (I've also been beeped at in this manner).

In short, most people use it as an expression of anger, but it should be a warning device. Hell, dad even used it to say hey to relatives working in the fields when we'd drive by when I was younger, haha.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

That was funny
                  Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
                  I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                  Originally posted by ahuhn
                  i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Airhorn.com...Way to go....Of course for use only when on the two lane each way road and you have an a-hole riding the left lane at the same speed as the car in the right lane....

Comment

I guess you've never driven on a single lane two-way road with blind curves...

Comment

Originally posted by gwiz
                        I guess you've never driven on a single lane two-way road with blind curves...

with semi's that love to cut ya off BTW AWESOME AVATAR!!! I'll be in Cleveland Sunday for the game, 3 rows back over by the Dawg Pound.
                        Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
                        I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                        Originally posted by ahuhn
                        i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Did the hardware changed over the years on the G6? I know my horn on the Torrent doesn't sound the same as on my G6...
                          COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
                          Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
                          MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"
                          Clicky for progression place

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

I mainly use my horn to honk at friends, but of couse you got the idiots out there that dont know how to drive. I've always had suv's before my g6 and they where always alot deeper like "get the fuc out of my way" which I always loved, and it worked!
                            My Car Domain
                            Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQpa8whz ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Comment

Working...
                              X