Muffler Tip Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffler Tip Size

Hey guys, as you all know, I have the G6 sedan V6, so I didn't get a chrome muffler tip. I was looking at muffler tips at Pepboys but they were too small. My question is, what size do I need so I can pick up one tomorrow?
    "DUB G6" 20" Diablo Fatboy Rims, DUB badge on the trunk, DUB 20" badges on both fenders, Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP Cd/MP3 player, Scosche GMLan Kit, Two Rockford Fosgate 12's, Rockfard Fosgate Amp. Tint 20% Rear/40% Front.

Next: Aftermarket headlights, Remove Pinstripes, DVD player In The Glove Compartment & Two Tv's In The Headrest With Wireless Headphones. There Is No G6 Cleaner Than Mine.

2.5 on the exit at least. I think they are only 2 though. Don't quote me.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

that's cool, any help is good help, thanks.
      "DUB G6" 20" Diablo Fatboy Rims, DUB badge on the trunk, DUB 20" badges on both fenders, Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP Cd/MP3 player, Scosche GMLan Kit, Two Rockford Fosgate 12's, Rockfard Fosgate Amp. Tint 20% Rear/40% Front.

Next: Aftermarket headlights, Remove Pinstripes, DVD player In The Glove Compartment & Two Tv's In The Headrest With Wireless Headphones. There Is No G6 Cleaner Than Mine.

Comment

The Stock pipe is 2.25" but they can weld a 2.5 on it.
        I have two different polished SS rolled tipped
        Magnaflow stamped sets Im not using....
        PM me for details if ur interested.
        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I've got a stock chrome tip if you want. Pm me for details. Hell, I have the entire tip with teh muffler still togther.
          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Here's some more info on the OEM tip...

Your bidding on brand new exhaust tips for Pontiac G6. Add style to the exterior of your G6 with this sporty, steel Exhaust Tip that will not rust or corrode. Designed to slip over the tailpipe section of your exhaust system

GM 12498010

Retail 145.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac- ... enameZWDVW

Item number: 8073723876 if the link gets all messed up!

Mikey

Comment

RIP OFF!

...Any muffler shop can sell you SS tips in any style and size you want.. usually between 20-50 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
                RIP OFF!

...Any muffler shop can sell you SS tips in any style and size you want.. usually between 20-50 bucks.
                Hey Coupe,

Knowledge is power... (and money)!!! Once you know what's OEM, you can go to any muffler shop and get SS tips in any style and size you want,
                usually between 20-50 bux.

Hmmmm... do I hear an echo??? echo?? echo?

Mikey

Comment

OH SNAP! I didn't read the last part of your post, lol. DAMN, thats like EXACTLY the same, too.

Comment

thanks guys for the info, I will look into getting one soon. I guess now it comes down to whether I want to get one from one of the good guys on here or whether I want to go to a muffler shop

Comment

I would go with a shop if the rates are close.
                      Saves on shipping.
                      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-Stainl ... enameZWDVW

Hey I found this. Do you think I could make that fit seeing as though it has screws at the end or would it be too big?

Comment

Hey, I've got a screw-on tip on my G6. Check it out http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2488 I believe the stock stainless steel pipe on a G6 is 2 and 3/4 inches so I got a pipe that fit 2 and 1/2 inches and up. Looks fine on my car and it does the job if you want something cheap and fast. I got mine at Murrays Auto but you can get them at Auto Zone or even Wal-Mart.
                          http://www.deercrack.com/banana/ Home of Banana Man!

"I aim to misbehave" - Capt. Mal Reynolds ~ Serenity ~

Comment

Working...
                          X