How to paint resources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to paint resources?

I'll probably paint my headlights the coming weekend. We already have GTPGuy's excellent Open the Headlights HOWTO, just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a Painting HOWTO?

I know nothing about painting really :P
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

You can google some excellent guides, just remember to apply it in very light layers. Most people keep thinking just a little bit more, bit more and then it runs.

Comment

Whenever I use light coats, I never get the look that I want. It's when I apply a bit heavier coats that the paint starts to reflect and look like the paint on the car itself.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

You just need to apply more of them.

Comment

I alway spaint with a gun and all the fixin's.. but the BEST adivce is PREP! Make sur ethe plastic is suffed good.. use liek 500 grit sandpaper. ALWASY use a tack cloth and a final ruinse solution (which is basiclaly rubbing alcohol). But don't use rubbing alcohol. After the final wipe with the cleaner and a another quick wipe down with the tack cloth, light coats of primer (atleast 4 coats) with about 10 minutes inbetween coats with slight sadning spurts between each. Always tack cloth between sandings and use the final wipe cleaner. With your base coat.. your first coat MUST be light, even, adn let it dry for ATLEAST 1 hour. Light sand it, wipe it, and start adding coats. One coat after another alwasy gradually getting heavy (i use the term heavy very lightly). LEt atlweast 30 minutes between coats adn lightly sand with 1500 or so between coats. For a good paint job, you need atleast 5 caots of base color and about 5-6 coats fo clear. Clear is to be done exactly the same with light to heavy and sanding inbetween. FINAL sanding should eb 2000 grit wet sand lgihtly to even any "orange peel". Buff it with rubbing compund and you've got glass!

Straight up Pimp Trollin'
          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Working...
          X