Ran a charger R/T at the track...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran a charger R/T at the track...

I only hit a 15.2 and still kept up... This was last wednesday. I hit a 14.88 tonight...

Sorry for shitty vid...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2665190"

Performance mods...
    Tuned by SB Tuning (93 octane tune)... Ported throttle body by SB Tuning... CAI for the G6 from Ebay... Custom exhaust and Dyna Max mufflers... Stock Wheel with 225 45 18 Good Year RSA's Repainted Gunmetal Grey... Now Upper and lower 10,000k HID's... NRG Engine damper Installed... Cquence Drilled/Slotted rotors... Racing Line MMI's

Re: Ran a charger R/T at the track...

Charger R/T as in hemi? And what motor are you running? High fourteens seems good for an automatic Malibu. Six speed auto? Just curious.
    GTPdriver
    G. Stephen Day

Comment

r/t should only be around a very high 13/low 14 in the quarter. Road & Track ran it at a 14.2 but I've seen lower stock. I've always wondered how my LT would stack up against the V6 Charger.
      2 12" Kicker CVRs, KX1200.1, Camaro-Style Super Turbo

Comment

That charger is heavy and with a V6........

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
        Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
          That charger is heavy and with a V6........
          Nope... it was the R/T with the hemi. It was the purple and black one. You can here it when it takes off its a V8. I have the 3900 with a four speed. Its all about how you launch the car. I run a 15.1 to a 15.0 on average but I have a 2.1 60 ft. Most of my runs were when it was hot outside so 14's are very doable. That 14.88 was with about a 5 to 10 degree temp difference. But still I hit 14's and beat a charger in one week. Dont believe me if you want the vid is right there. Ill post my slips later when I get my camera out of my wifes car...

Performance mods...
          Tuned by SB Tuning (93 octane tune)... Ported throttle body by SB Tuning... CAI for the G6 from Ebay... Custom exhaust and Dyna Max mufflers... Stock Wheel with 225 45 18 Good Year RSA's Repainted Gunmetal Grey... Now Upper and lower 10,000k HID's... NRG Engine damper Installed... Cquence Drilled/Slotted rotors... Racing Line MMI's

Comment

The R/T is a HEMI and iv owned one before, they are really heavy, iv beat the 300C version too, basically the same car.
            My car is the best! Stop trying to be sweeter than me.

Comment

can you give us a list of performance mods on your mali?? do you have the 91 octane or the 93 octane tune??
              2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Sorry, I had a brain fart. And my eyes skipped that part.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by 06MaxxSS

can you give us a list of performance mods on your mali?? do you have the 91 octane or the 93 octane tune??
                  All I have is a custom exhaust and a Ebay G6 intake... Thats it.

Performance mods...

Comment

Its the driver alot of times. Like the GTO is a CLASSIC example with the 5.7L, they are like 13.8s but most average drivers have a hard time pulling out 14.5s, I have seen that a few times. Even the LS2 6.0Ls there like 13.4s and average driver ussally gets low 14s in the 1/4

Mustang GTs the 05+ are the same way esp at the track.

Dont get me wrong, a good driver is still going to slam any of us with the cars listed above.... but an average driver anything is possible
                    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                    Gotta have it Green color
                    Brembo brake package
                    420 HP 5.0L
                    Ford Racing Power Pack
                    GT500 track pack differential cover
                    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

^
                      Your average guy going to the track to see what his car will do is gonna be a little off of what it should be.

Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

Comment

Good run!
                        Whats up with the burn out?
                        07 3.6 GTP sedan 1/8 9.1 @ 76.9 1/4 14.19 @ 97.4 muffler delete, dyno tune, intake, ported tb
                        FWHP 230hp/235tq mustang dyno (before exhaust and ported TB)
                        "I tell everybody its my wifes car!"

Comment

pretty nice times man...nice 60ft btw

your Traction light didnt turn out while you were doing the burnout?? mine does...have to turn off the car at the staging lane so that it goes away and so it shifts normally

all because of that descreened MAF

'06 Malibu SS...Vector 93 tune, Nitto Invo, Magnaflow, Cai

Comment

Originally posted by Val06SS
                            your Traction light didnt turn out while you were doing the burnout?? mine does...have to turn off the car at the staging lane so that it goes away and so it shifts normally
                            Can you explain this to me??? sorry im missing something
                            2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Working...
                            X