Canadian Winters and Vinyl Overlays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Winters and Vinyl Overlays

I'm considering adding some vinyl to my '6 but am concerned with how it will hold up through a typical Canadian winter. Do I need to worry about it cracking or peeling? Will the cold and snow reduce the life of the overlay?

What about salt? Is that going to eat away at the vinyl?
    2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe
    Black | Sunroof | Leather | Debadged | Garmin Nuvi 680
    Front Tint - 30% Llumar ATR | Rear Tint - 15% Llumar ATR | Windshield Tint Strip - 15% Llumar ATR

Re: Canadian Winters and Vinyl Overlays

If you apply them as they tell you no problem except for wear and tear.
    I had some flames made of the same stuff and they wear well with winter weather.
    sigpic
    Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
    It takes years to become a member of this elite group
    K&N CAI, Preformance Exhaust GM, Custom Grill GM other mods coming this spring. Ground Effects Kit color coded Black

Comment

I had no problems last winter with my vinyl from kustomdecalz. The salt and the cold didn't affect it one bit. They use tons of salt here in WNY and it got below 0 F plenty of times.

Comment

I had vinyls on my car for about a year and half. They eventually started peeling, and some of the wheel overlays just fell off. But they're cheap enough that buying a new set in a year and a half isn't a big deal.

Comment

Thanks for the responses all!
          2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe
          Black | Sunroof | Leather | Debadged | Garmin Nuvi 680
          Front Tint - 30% Llumar ATR | Rear Tint - 15% Llumar ATR | Windshield Tint Strip - 15% Llumar ATR

Comment

Working...
          X