Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some issues that im having (suspension/wheels)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some issues that im having (suspension/wheels)

Hey all,

As of late, (i thought i saw this somewhere on the forums) I have been hearing a grinding noise coming from the right font of my car...only when i turn left. It seems i need to be going at least 15 MPH or so to hear it. Bad wheel bearing?

Also, i dont know if anyone elses car does this, but it seems to have gotten worse lately. Whenever i go over a bump..like a speedbump or something, i hear a short hissing noise from the front suspension. For instance, in my apartment complex, there is a speedbump in between two walls. When i drive over it, the sound reflects off the walls when i go over the bump with my front wheels, but i dont think that i hear it when the rear wheels go over. It is a very short "PSSSST" sound.

It is kindof annoying because as of late, when i am driving down a residential street, i can hear the noise bouncing off houses. Doesnt seem right to me. Anyone care to chime in??

Charlie

A light hissing is normal over bumps. As for the grinding, CV joint maybe? How many miles on your car?
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I hear alot of "creaking" from my front suspension when Im at a slow turn, especially out of parking spaces. Suspension problems are hard to help with with out hearing them directly, take it and have it looked at if its still covered!
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I hear alot of "creaking" from my front suspension when Im at a slow turn, especially out of parking spaces.
        ive noticed the same thing recently...is it anything to worry about?!
        You're doing it all wrong...you gotta cup the balls, relax the jaw...

Comment

I dunno honestly... I figured it was from my rims being bigger and heavier than stock ones. Im honestly not going to worry about it till it gets REALLY bad or something brakes haha

Comment

only 4,000 miles on the car.

Comment

This sounds like something I've run into before on here.. let me look for it and I'll post it up..

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopi ... ight=shaft That may be what you're looking for.

As for the hissing sound from the suspension, that is normal. The struts are releasing gas when they compress.

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I hear a hissing noise from the suspension going over speed bumps but if you hear the sound bouncing off houses it seems like that would be more than just a normal noise coming from the shocks.

As for the grinding noise when you turn, is your wheel rubbing on something? Do you have stock wheels on or larger aftermarket rims? Hard to say what it is without hearing it. Grinding noises usually arent good. I would bring it in and have it looked at.
                  2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

my noise is def not grinding... its a creaking sound like a door that needs to be greased up. Doesnt sound like a balljoint or anything of that nature, but who knows!

Comment

I had a grinding noise when I braked and turned to the right. I took it ot the dealership it turned out that the wheel was rubbing the inside wheel well (18 inch wheels). They made some adjustments and it has been fine ever since.
                      Silver G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

Working...
                      X