Seemed like a good idea at first!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seemed like a good idea at first!

Well, I thought this might turn out good, and it did if you like the color, but I wanted something a little more Red. This is supposed to be red, but in the sun it seems kinda red/orange.

Edit: Made pic a little more screen friendly
    -Noah
    2006 Malibu Maxx SS with Mobil1 badge and oil cap

"ZeroRTized" manifold

Well I for one like the color, at least from that pic. What color is your car, and how muh of the engine did you paint? Any pics with the cover off?

Looks good!
    ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

The car is a silver Maxx SS. I only painted about 1 3/4 of the intake manifold because I figured I could do it all at a later date, and it was getting kinda hard to get the paint towards the back. Also, figured I would probably not take the cover off, so just enough to cover what would be seen. Thanks for the props, makes me feel a little better.
      2006 Malibu Maxx SS with Mobil1 badge and oil cap

"ZeroRTized" manifold

Comment

I like it too!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

I don't think it looks bad at all. Plus, in a month or two there'll be enough black greasy grit to darken it up to your liking. I think you're the first to do this to the G6 so there will surely be others doing the Zerort engine mod
          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
            I don't think it looks bad at all. Plus, in a month or two there'll be enough black greasy grit to darken it up to your liking. I think you're the first to do this to the G6 so there will surely be others doing the Zerort engine mod
            Yeah, we can all start saying our engines have been "Zerort-erized"!
            ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

that makes my eyes cross

Comment

Looks good, I like it.

Comment

It doesnt look bad!

We are always our own worst critics
                  Originally posted by Kman
                  'Ghetto Booty' + Jules = My, My ,My

Comment

Great idea, but I also think it needs a tinge more red....

John
                    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Looks good. I've been thinking about painting the manifold too. I painted the one in my cougar black and it looked badass. I'd want to remove this one though, so I can prep it and cover every little crevice.
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I have to admit.. if I had the 3.9 I would instantly jump right on that mod! I like the red from the caliper paint! I think it looks awesome!
                        Originally posted by Toyz
                        Originally posted by simplyred
                        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

i like it! I though about doing that too when I painted my air intake tube but was too lazy to push that project foward and do it, but deff looks GREAT!
                          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                          Gotta have it Green color
                          Brembo brake package
                          420 HP 5.0L
                          Ford Racing Power Pack
                          GT500 track pack differential cover
                          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

need to paint the STB red now..

You Don't Work, You Don't Eat, You Don't Grind, You Don't Shine

Comment

From the pic it looks pretty good. Maybe a pic a little further out from the car would be better.
                              2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

Working...
                              X