Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White gauge overlays

Dunno if anyone else has seen these but they're new to me:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Ac ... 06.c0.m245" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
    2 12" Kicker CVRs, KX1200.1, Camaro-Style Super Turbo

Re: White gauge overlays

only thing i hate about the stock gauges is the color...wish they were a littler whiter or something

'06 Malibu SS...Vector 93 tune, Nitto Invo, Magnaflow, Cai

Comment

I've got those ugly gauges with the fake carbon fiber backdrop that looks like tiny little Ys all over the place. Still better than the 05 gauges.. BLEGH

Comment

Originally posted by waffles
        I've got those ugly gauges with the fake carbon fiber backdrop that looks like tiny little Ys all over the place. Still better than the 05 gauges.. BLEGH
        LOL i know what you're talking about

This is what i have
        2nd to last pic
        http://cyber-auto-exchange.ebizautos.co ... eBay&pid=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'06 Malibu SS...Vector 93 tune, Nitto Invo, Magnaflow, Cai

Comment

Right on man. I love the SS interior.. too bad I got such an awesome deal on my LT, I would have gone for the SS right next to it. In retrospect, I should have..

Comment

G6 Beginner asked if anyone had seen these type of white face guages so let me be the first to answer him. (None of the other replies did.) Yes I have seen them or ones like them way back when this site was newer. Trouble is that none were ever offered for Canadian G6's.
            GTPdriver
            G. Stephen Day

Comment

The overlays are a bitch to get in too. I had them on my Sunfire, white overlays that glowed 6 shades of blue / green . Those were hard.. and the material kept poping up and stopping the gauges from working right.. it would say I'm going 40 when I was doing like 60 and so if they got touched and held back from bumps. I'd have to open them up and fix it everytime. I'd only buy a whole new cluster now.
              2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
              Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
              Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
              2005 CGM GTO.
              386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
              2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by waffles
                too bad I got such an awesome deal on my LT, I would have gone for the SS right next to it. In retrospect, I should have..
                Hindsight is always 20/20 isnt it??
                at least you drive a chevy
                2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Hindsight is always 20/20 isnt it??
                  at least you drive a chevy [/quote]
                  You ain't whistlin' dixie.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                    The overlays are a bitch to get in too. I had them on my Sunfire, white overlays that glowed 6 shades of blue / green . Those were hard.. and the material kept poping up and stopping the gauges from working right.. it would say I'm going 40 when I was doing like 60 and so if they got touched and held back from bumps. I'd have to open them up and fix it everytime. I'd only buy a whole new cluster now.
                    Had the same kind in my 94 Grand Am, they did the exact same thing. One day I got fed up and just hit the plastic with my fist and it stopped doing it though....

As for these, I wish ours came white, but I don't know if I'm willing to dig into it and change them

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Originally posted by wormhole
                      Had the same kind in my 94 Grand Am, they did the exact same thing. One day I got fed up and just hit the plastic with my fist and it stopped doing it though....

As for these, I wish ours came white, but I don't know if I'm willing to dig into it and change them
                      Dunno if the SS is any different but I had my cluster out and apart and back in again with just a single 9/32 nut driver while waiting for my girlfriend to put in an application at a bar the other night. Just a word of advice -- don't do it with the car running. You'll need to disconnect your battery to get the security light to shut off for SOME strange reason... heh

Comment

Good to know, thanks!

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Working...
                        X