XM vs. Sirius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM vs. Sirius

I was very hesitiant but i bought a Sirius Recivier because it was on sale for 80 bucks at bestbuy. I just got a jvc head unit for my bday yesterday along with the metra 99-3303 dash kit. Well I Didnt wanna tear into my dash more than once. so i went ahead and bought the ipod adapter and the sirius radio.

Ive had XM before i liked the channels but because i was using a inline FM Modulator i didnt like the sound quality. So Im hoping since this is a direct connect it will sound a whole lot better.

But ive hear alot of people say Sirius sound quality is really bad? then ive heard just as many say XM is bad and Sirius uses a better compression method and it sounds alot better.

So i took a change and bought the sirius. whats you all's opinion.

Honestly it is mostly about the unit you bought. Antennas and internals. Kinda line getting a rampage deck insted of an eclipse. Some have filters and other crap in them to help with the steady tuning. Some also have a deal where they can store up to like an hour of audio so if you loose the sat you will still have the audio stored in advance. You probably won't notice a difference in sq from serious and xm. Enjoy.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

...search...

Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

Sirius is excellent with the FM modulator, as long as you get the adapter that when the unit is turned on, it shuts off the FM antenna. It's a pretty trick little gadget that goes inline with your FM antenna.
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Originally posted by MONTERACER
          Sirius is excellent with the FM modulator, as long as you get the adapter that when the unit is turned on, it shuts off the FM antenna. It's a pretty trick little gadget that goes inline with your FM antenna.
          Yea thats the one i had

Anywho I bought Sirius.

JVC KD-G320 and the JVS Sirius Adapter and JVC IPod Adapter.

sounds great!!! really impressed.

Comment

Working...
          X