Gauge Sensor Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge Sensor Locations

so i am going to order an oil pressure, trans temp and oil temp gauge.

my question is should i get the manual or electric oil pressure gauge?

secondly how, or where rather, are the sensors that i can tap into so that i can get a accurate readout on trans temp and oil temp?

Thanks

Re: Gauge Sensor Locations

bump...

30 people have seen this and no response?

Comment

theres no electrical output wire for either of those sensors. so therefore there is no wire to tap into. you have to manually get it.

im still working on getting mine set up. i know what im gonna do but finding the time to do it
      its might just be a family sedan, but girls love this car

Comment

Do you want a easy installation or fast response from the gauges?

Electrical gauges are easy to setup but they somewhat slower to respond to changes. You will like to use electrical gauges for oil and fuel pressure (unless you want a pressurized oil/fuel line in the cabin)

There have to be a solution that you can monitor OEM gauges from the OBDII port like the DashHawk.

Comment

i talked to my dad who was a pontiac mechanic for 32+ years and he said that there a plugs in the tranny that i can tap into inorder to get a temp sensor in. as for the oil pressure and oil temp there are locations taht i can get to. now i just need to save 110 bucks so that i can get the gauges!

Comment

Mike, did you lie to me man? if you dad is correct, then Ragingfish's manuals arent accurate i might have to say
            its might just be a family sedan, but girls love this car

Comment

he said that there are access plugs that are used in trans services and that they have fluid that is there so that we can take a temp reading from there.

Comment

Oil pressure sensor.
                As far as tapping into it, I don't think that's going to work, due to the fact that the gauge is not really going to sync up to whatever the sensor output is.
                The transmission fluid temperature sensor is internal (which it does have) and there is no oil temperature sensor.
                There are plugs all over the transmission that you could probably tap into, if not there's almost certainly fittings you can buy to "tap" into the transmission cooler lines and work that sensor manually.
                2 12" Kicker CVRs, KX1200.1, Camaro-Style Super Turbo

Comment

Working...
                X