So whats next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So whats next?

When I get my car back I'll have done....

Red Interior
    Tint
    Re-Badge
    Ram Hood
    Upper and Lower Grills
    Spoiler
    Trunk Mat

and else do i plan on doing?
    Crab intake
    Tinted Tails

I dont really plan on doing much performance mods or Audio mods because it dosent really make much sence on a 201 hp car. i could see if i had a 300 something HP 8 cyl and boost it up to get as much as i can but whats the point? even if i put the intake, headers, exhaust, and tune i still cant beat a V8.
    So i plan on finishing up with making the Ram air functional and getting the last appereance mod and then im gonna pay back my parents and keep the car for 2-3 more years then get either a Camero or G8 GXP ST.

Anyway, those are my plans with the six. What do ya think?
    I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question.
    Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
    'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.'
    'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.'
    'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.'
    I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible.
    I chose... Rapture.

Re: So whats next?

tinted tails or painted headlights? Rims?

I say get the GT-R and Intake who cares if you cant beat a V8 it sounds great
    My car is the best! Stop trying to be sweeter than me.

Comment

paint the headlights?
      decal the badges?
      lower it?
      custom paint?
      sell it?

Comment

my brother is getting a 2008 Cobalt SS after he graduates this year and id like to atleast keep up with him

plus i dont really want to dump anymore money into this car when im planning on my next one

Wheels and Tires - 1300 atleast
        Sound System - 1000 atleast
        Exhaust - 500

i just spent almost 3000 on the recent mods that im having done right now, but i had a good reason for it, (dont want it to look like a uncared for POS). and its really tough to lay out that kind of money all at once.

plus thats alot twords a down payment that i could be saving ya know?

and im not gonna sell it for atleast another 2-3 years i just dont want it to become a money pit.
        I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible.
        I chose... Rapture.

Comment

well if you wanted to bet a V8 then you should of gotten a car with a 8 cyl. then again it is not hard to bet a v8 if you can improve your v6 enough and out drive then driver some can others should stay at home
          sigpic
          Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
          It takes years to become a member of this elite group
          K&N CAI, Preformance Exhaust GM, Custom Grill GM other mods coming this spring. Ground Effects Kit color coded Black

Comment

ls7 transplant?
            ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

Well keep in mind when i got this 2 years ago it was my first car to get me to school, i put almost 40,000 miles on the thing (now at about 76,000) i picked it up dirt cheap, it has pretty much everything but XM radio for 11,000 with Tint and new tires and brakes. i was lucky to get such a great car and that something so nice was in my price range at 17 years old.

At about 22/23 with my full time career as an electrical engineer and out of school, the G8 and Camaro will be affordable. its not like just because i wanted an 8cyl i could have bought it. if that was the case i would have have gotten a new 2006 Mustang GT Vert at the time
              I chose... Rapture.

Comment

mustangs suck!!!!!!!!!!
                ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

lol, i knew that was coming. but my family has been ford people pretty much until i got my six, ive been converted to the dark side, and my family is coming with me
                  I chose... Rapture.

Comment

well thank God you've smacked some sense into the rest of them!!! Also I think the SS cobalt is going to hand you your ass even with the available mods. I drove the "first gen" SS cobalt years ago when I was thinking about getting one and even back then they absolutely hauled ass when that supercharger started to whine!!!

I'm in your same boat, I have the original LX9 and it's just not worth doing any performance mods too, I mean I have the GT-R and an old Doc Speed Stage 3 intake but other than that I just cant see dumping money into an engine that has already died (as far as GM is concerned)
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Exactly, something like The Camaro SS should be able to take on the Cobalt SS (hopefully) and thats something to Dump your money into with performance mods.

Maybe if i had the 3.6 VVT i would put something into performance, but like you said the LX9 just isnt worth it.
                      I chose... Rapture.

Comment

coudn't agree with you more. My GF bought an 07 Aura with the 3.5 VVT (LY9???) and that engine is like night and day compared to ours. It's so smooth through the RPM's and at idle and the power is just seemless!! I did notice a big difference after getting my GT-R installed through, there is a HUGE powerband in the upper 2k RPM range but other than that it's the same old rough V6......ehhhh depressing......

at least you have the cash to make yours look awesome though, I'm just a poor nursing school student with no money for anything-my latest mod was painting my eyelids to hide some of the cracks from painting the headlights
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackOrchid3
                          Exactly, something like The Camaro SS should be able to take on the Cobalt SS (hopefully) and thats something to Dump your money into with performance mods.

Maybe if i had the 3.6 VVT i would put something into performance, but like you said the LX9 just isnt worth it.
                          should?? new camaro ss puts out over 4OO hp. if a balt beats that the camaros driver needs to be shot imo.

Originally posted by acxdarlene
                          no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

Originally posted by 08blackgt
                            Originally posted by BlackOrchid3

should?? new camaro ss puts out over 4OO hp. if a balt beats that the camaros driver needs to be shot imo.
                            Most definately!!
                            Current Mods: GTP rims painted black with red outline ~ drilled and slotted rotors ~ red painted calipers ~ eibach pro kit springs ~ red painted engine and battery covers ~ custom eyelids ~ chrome lower grills ~ pontiac g6 third brake light cover

Comment

I couldn't agree more with you guys about the lx9.....I also have the gt-r exaust as well as the cai, but other then that, I also don't plan on doing any more performance mods as there wouldn't be much improvement....mostly just a waste of money.
                              But back on topic, you got a nice list of mods that you got completed. You've added a lot as far as appearance goes. All you need is the tinted tails and to lower the 6.

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                              Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

Working...
                              X