sunvisor mirror cover broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunvisor mirror cover broken

as rare as it is for those covers to break it does happen and now you can get just the mirror not the whole visor

#05-08-110-005F: Sun Visor Mirror Cover Comes Off Sunshade or Cover Will Not Fully Open (Replace Mirror and Cover Assembly) - (Aug 14, 200

Subject: Sun Visor Mirror Cover Comes Off Sunshade or Cover Will Not Fully Open (Replace Mirror and Cover Assembly)

Models: 2004-2007 Chevrolet Malibu, Malibu Maxx

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Classic

2005-2008 Pontiac G6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being updated to add model years. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 05-08-110-005E (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do This
    Don't Do This

Replace the mirror and cover assembly.
    Do not replace the sunshade assembly.

Condition
    Some customers may comment the sunshade mirror cover has come off the sunshade or that the cover will not fully open.

Cause
    The sun visor mirror pivot may break, preventing the mirror cover from fully opening or causing it to separate from the sun visor.

Correction
    Replace both the driver and the passenger side mirror and cover assembles using the appropriate procedure below.

Non-Illuminated Mirror and Cover Assembly

Remove the assembly by unsnapping the 4 retainers that hold the mirror and cover assembly to the sunshade.

Install the mirror and cover assembly by lining up the 4 retainers and applying pressure to the outside edge of the assembly

Illuminated Mirror and Cover Assembly
    Remove the sunshade from the sunshade retainer.
    Remove the cover from the fasteners and the screws.
    Remove the sunshade and disconnect the electrical connector for the mirror lamps.

Remove the assembly by unsnapping the 4 retainers that hold the mirror and cover assembly to the sunshade as shown in the illustration above.
    With the assembly face down on the sunshade, unsolder the two wires from lamp assembly.
    Solder the wires to the new mirror lamp assembly.

Install the mirror and cover assembly to the sunshade. Apply pressure to the edge of the assembly to engage the 4 retainer to the sunshade.
    Connect the electrical connector for the mirror lamps.
    Install the sunshade and the screws.
    Tighten
    Tighten the sunshade screws to 2.5 N·m (22 lb in).

Install the cover and place the sunshade back into the retainer.
    Parts Information
    On Pontiac G6 vehicles, both mirrors will be either illuminated or non-illuminated. On Chevrolet vehicles, mirrors can be the same or mixed (one illuminated or one non-illuminated).

Part Number
    Description

Mirror and Cover Assembly - Non Illuminated, Gray

Mirror and Cover Assembly - Non Illuminated, Neutral

Mirror and Cover Assembly - Illuminated, Gray

Mirror and Cover Assembly - Illuminated, Neutral

Mirror and Cover Assembly-Illuminated, Titanium

Mirror and Cover Assembly-Non Illuminated, Titanium

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Re: sunvisor mirror cover broken

my cover fell off the other week. i just took it to the dealership and they put in a new one. under warranty

Progression Page

Comment

thats funny, mine would only open part way so the GF just forced it open and SNAP!! Took the car in with about 10 other little BS things and they fixed them all.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Does the assembly just pull straight out?
        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
          Does the assembly just pull straight out?
          thats what it sounds like to me

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

my friend just broke mine...

2005 G6 V6 Sedan Sports Package. 35 & 20% Tints. 12000K EFX HID. Nokya Arctic White Brights.
            12" MTX JackHammer Sub [Currently breaking car]. Kicker 300 Watt Amp [Poop].

Comment

my sister broke mine so now when the visor is down and against the windshield the mirror cover opens ok im not under warranty anymore how much would it cost to get it fixed? or just for the part so i can do it?

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
              Originally posted by ahuhn
              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Mine snapped something inside of it.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I bought a new set off a total on ebay for $35....
                  Look brand new but its the whole thing.

MODS:

Comment

I think these break rather easily...I had my passenger side one replaced under warranty at about 30,000 km.

Comment

me too. but my technician had dirty hands. They said it would clean right off but it never did.
                      I should have pressed it but I didnt care. Guess it doesnt matter since it broke...AGAIN! but I have
                      a new one to replace it with (pass side).

MODS:

Comment

just tells us, who has girls in the cars with us. cuz the passenger side is always broken, and the driver side is completely fine

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                        Originally posted by ahuhn
                        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

^ true.

Comment

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

The cover broke on mine also, took it into the dealer and they replaced it under warenty

Comment

Working...
                              X