Rear speaker grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear speaker grills

How do they come off? I tried to just pop them off, but they didn't go and I didn't wanna break them.
    Project G:

Custom intake/ home made ram air. Magnaflow muffler/ resonator delete. Painted/custom interior, Rebadged, 15% tint.
    Sprint Performance Lowering Springs

Pix here: http://s403.photobucket.com/albums/pp119/tommyboy1587/

Re: Rear speaker grills

hmmmm..... are you planning to get them painted?

Comment

Ya, I'm in the process of painting my interior
      Project G:

Custom intake/ home made ram air. Magnaflow muffler/ resonator delete. Painted/custom interior, Rebadged, 15% tint.

Comment

that actually gave me an idea..... what do you think of chrome speaker grills. lol

Comment

you have to take the whole speaker deck out, something like 14 alen key screws , yep bizzar.

Comment

Originally posted by balling6
            you have to take the whole speaker deck out, something like 14 alen key screws , yep bizzar.
            I guess GM doesn't want people to upgrade their speakers. Mine hasn't blown but I came across a number of G6s with one blown rear speaker.

Comment

most GM vehicles you have to take out the entire damn rear deck to do anything with the rear speakers-it's the most retarded setup they do on their vehicles IMO
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Its not that hard I think there is a how-to on rear deck removal.

You have to take the entire thing apart. crazy GM!!!
                MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

Originally posted by rickygt
                  Its not that hard I think there is a how-to on rear deck removal.

You have to take the entire thing apart. crazy GM!!!

Thats true coz when I had my rear speakers replaced at futureshop, I watched them do it, and this guy yanked out the whole rear with the grills attatched to it...

Comment

Sounds like a lot of work just to paint the grills! I'm still thinkin about it though. Thanks guys
                    Project G:

Comment

Still haven't found the motivation. Lots of work for a 3-4 hour job...........
                      Project G:

Comment

it is alot of work. luckily i didnt do it, my stereo installer did and he hates me
                        2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
                        2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                        613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
                        11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
                        New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Working...
                        X