New Gaming System in my g6!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gaming System in my g6!

Last night i went to the local mall and was like what the hell i have some money to blow.. Got me an XBOX 360 and 2 wireless controllers! Im soo gonna put this thing in whenever I can find a decent enclosure for it. Anyone know of any solutions? fiberglass.. box.. etc
    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

cool. where do you plan on putting it? I couldn't even fit the slim PS2 in the glovebox, so I guess a custom fabrication would be in order. Just don't know where yet.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Whatever you do, you'll need a lot of ventilation. The 360 and especially the power brick get very hot. I was gonna put one in mine but due to the fact that you can't use the thing while the car is moving kinda sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
        Whatever you do, you'll need a lot of ventilation. The 360 and especially the power brick get very hot. I was gonna put one in mine but due to the fact that you can't use the thing while the car is moving kinda sucks.
        why couldnt you?
        2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

that is usually dependant on the screen/head unit not the gaming system. there is always a way around it though. i have a friend with an Alpine screen in his Ram and he just flicks a switch to turn it on when the car is in gear....piece of cake.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
            that is usually dependant on the screen/head unit not the gaming system. there is always a way around it though. i have a friend with an Alpine screen in his Ram and he just flicks a switch to turn it on when the car is in gear....piece of cake.
            yeah i have mine permanently wired in like that

Comment

on the plus side, you could put it in your cabin and have a heater for winter time :P

Comment

same here. You just hook up the wire that would normally go to the parking brake to a toggle switch, and ground the other end.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

What I meant was is that if you move the 360 the slightest when it's playing then you will scratch the disc. It's a big problem with the system, so going over a bump or something could mess it up really easily.

Comment

What I meant was is that if you move the 360 the slightest when it's playing then you will scratch the disc. It's a big problem with the system, so going over a bump or something could mess it up really easily.
                    Wow I hadn't heard that - theres gonna be a lot of people with scratched discs. you almost can't help bumping stuff like that at some point in time.
                    Originally posted by colinpeddle
                    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                    That here, by G6er law, we lie
                    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Working...
                    X