Malibu of the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malibu of the Season

Ok, well, with all the ROTM banter going on, it looks like some of the G6's don't want us in. No big deal, doesn't bother me anyways. I propose we do our own Malibu of the Season contest. It'll be self-nominated since there's so few of us. I propose, since it's a 'Season' type contest, that you get to pick one photo to nominate of your car that shows off your car in what would best exemplify the current season - for example, summer could be by the lake with the windows down/sunroof open, fall could be under a tree with leaves all over the ground, winter beside a snowman, spring by a bed of flowers. A list of mods would be nice, so we can see what would set yours apart from the others. I think it would be kind of fun, and repeat winners would be allowed. I propose that it's based on the artistic value of the car - think of it as a one shot calendar shoot. What do you guys think?

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Re: Malibu of the Season

go for it

Comment

I say we go for it.
      WWRJD?... HE'D KICK SOME ASS

Comment

Id be up for that for sure. The only thing that worries me, is that I think there are only 4 or 5 active Mali drivers on here anymore. I love the opportunity to go and take some pics tho, thats for sure.... lol
        2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

even with 4 or 5 owners, at least you have a better shot of winning! I think it's a cool idea... even though i thought the bu's should have been allowed to be included with the rotm

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
            even though i thought the bu's should have been allowed to be included with the rotm
            2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Originally posted by 06MaxxSS
              Id be up for that for sure. The only thing that worries me, is that I think there are only 4 or 5 active Mali drivers on here anymore. I love the opportunity to go and take some pics tho, thats for sure.... lol
              Well, that was the purpose of only doing it once every three months, and allowing repeat winners. I know there's not a lot of us, but maybe it will bring in a few more when they see what kind of sweet rides we're rolling in

Here's what I was thinking for the breakdown:
              Winter - Dec, Jan, Feb
              Spring - Mar, Apr, May
              Summer - Jun, Jul, Aug
              Fall - Sept, Oct, Nov

Since we're in summer now, let's set a deadline of Aug 31 for our first ever Malibu of Summer. Just reply to this thread with your submission and I'll form it all into a poll Sept 1 for voting. It doesn't give us a lot of time, but a few weeks should be enough to get 'em all washed and a couple of snaps taken.

I'm thinking preferred format would be a description of your car year/model/trim, any particular mods you'd like to bring to our attention, and place where you took the picture (if you feel like sharing), followed by the pic you'd like to submit. Feel free to be as wordy as you'd like in your descriptions, this is our chance to shine! I'll get a rolling sticky post with the winners of the various seasons as results come in for easy reference later

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

I also think that the pics should be new, as in not previously posted. Ive got some nice pics floating around, but I say that they need to be newly taken to qualify. Also I think that the entire car should be visible in the pic... not one of those close ups, even tho they look cool (like my avatar)
                2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Comment

I think those are fair rules. After all, it's about the total package, and being able to see the scenery that reflects the season

Comment

this should be fun....

its on now tho!!
                    2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Comment

ooh Malibu partay!!!!!!

I in like Flynn!!!
                      Benny
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3162767

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS - *Wagon Mafia*: Dr. Speed Airbox, Intake Resonator Delete, Mobil1, PowerSlot Slotted Rotors, Hawk Performance Brakes Pads, 18 x 8.0 Konig Theory in Graphite, 235/50/ZR18 BFGoodrich G-Force, 10K Banbo H11 HID Kit, 2.5K Noyka Fogs, 35% 3M Tint, Smoked-Out Tails, Shorty Vette Antenna, 12" Hifonics Atlas enclosed in a ported box, 1501D MTX D-Class Amp, RF Cap, RF 0 Gauge Wire, 1" Kenwood KFC-ST30 Tweeters

Comment

How many active Malibu drivers are there???

I'll start a list, copy and paste your name to keep a running total.

1) 06MaxxSS - 2006 White Malibu Maxx SS

ps: everyone do this please!!
                        2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Comment

How many active Malibu drivers are there???

I'll start a list, copy and paste your name to keep a running total.

2) 3.9L_Mofo - 2006 Metallic Laser Blue Malibu Maxx SS

ps: everyone do this please!!
                          Benny
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3162767

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS - *Wagon Mafia*: Dr. Speed Airbox, Intake Resonator Delete, Mobil1, PowerSlot Slotted Rotors, Hawk Performance Brakes Pads, 18 x 8.0 Konig Theory in Graphite, 235/50/ZR18 BFGoodrich G-Force, 10K Banbo H11 HID Kit, 2.5K Noyka Fogs, 35% 3M Tint, Smoked-Out Tails, Shorty Vette Antenna, 12" Hifonics Atlas enclosed in a ported box, 1501D MTX D-Class Amp, RF Cap, RF 0 Gauge Wire, 1" Kenwood KFC-ST30 Tweeters

Comment

If I must

3) wormhole - 2006 Laser Blue Metallic Malibu SS (Hatchbacks are for Grandma's )

Comment

3) wormhole - 2006 Laser Blue Metallic Malibu SS (Hatchbacks are for Grandma's
                              4) SSsuperstar - 2006 Black Malibu SS Sedan (Faster than a Hatch!)
                              CarDomain - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2932943

2006 'SS' Malibu
                              Tune Time ECM/TCM tune
                              Injen Clone Stage 4 Intake
                              Pooners C.R.A.B.
                              2 1/2" Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
                              EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Rotors w/ Red stuff Pads
                              Est. 227 HP 224 Torque at wheels
                              Est. 267 HP 263 Torque at crank

Comment

Working...
                              X