slushbox clunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slushbox clunk

'06 3500 GT coupe auto: I noticed that if i put the car into nutral(going faster than about 5 mph) to roll into a parking spot, the transmission makes a clunk sound when i get down to about 1-2 mph. It doesn't seem to be a problem, but i wondered if there were any techs that could shed some light on what it is doing. my only guess is that when you pop it to nutral it only unlocks the TC, then at 2-3 mph it pops the shift bands loose. is this a... safety feature?
    Stock '06 G6 GT Coupe.

Funny... I do the same thing once and a while (dunno why honestly) but I just heard that noise about 2 days ago for the first time..
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

yeah i drove stick for so long that i like the control of braking to a stop with it in nutral. i actually checked everything the first time i heard it; i didn't think it sounded right. and it doesn't seem to do it if you're rolling slower than about 5mph.
      Stock '06 G6 GT Coupe.

Comment

Is it possibly a hard late downshift?
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

It doesnt sound as tho its anything bad... but its def a sound, almost like the car wont shift into nuetral untill it gets to 5mph, maybe thats what it is?!

Comment

well since i'm not the only one who has noticed it, and nothing is smoking, shaking, or smelling bad... i'll chalk it up to 'normal operation'

btw nice new sig simplyred
            Stock '06 G6 GT Coupe.

Comment

why would you put it in neutral to go into a parking spot? It's an auto. If I have mine in tapshift mode, when I'm in 2nd, and I'm slowing down to a stop, I get a clunking feeling when it goes into 1st.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by Smerfj
                well since i'm not the only one who has noticed it, and nothing is smoking, shaking, or smelling bad... i'll chalk it up to 'normal operation'

btw nice new sig simplyred
                Thanks...

Mike, I just do it out of some habit that as im getting into a spot I toss it into nuetral haha

Comment

interesting..
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

there's people on here driving sticks like automatics and now people driving automatics like sticks.... make up your minds!!!
                    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Working...
                    X