Rotors need turned already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotors need turned already?

SOOO...there is a slight wobble in my front end when I stop.

okay that sounds weird...lets try that again...

IN THE G6 when I stop from high speeds, the front end of my car shakes.

Hubbie says at 15k miles, the rotors could very well be warped and need turned because of the heat in texas -vs- the heat of stopping...

My Dad says....if there is a wobble in the brakes, and the rotors need turned ALREADY there is something else up, because there's no way the rotors should be warped already at 15k.

Now, my question to you guys is....should I go bitch to the dealership that wrecked my car, because my rotors are jacked...or should I blow it off as being normal, pull them off this weekend when I paint the calipers and get them turned?

I noticed a few people have had problems with the G6 brake system, though. So Im kind of concerned and thinking maybe I should just buy all new rotors and get rid of the stock ones? Hubbie says wait till they come up with the after market cross drilled....

I also plan on changing the pads...whether they need it or not...to the ceramic...less heat.

And yes...before you ask...Im a bit of a speed demon, and in Austin...(the city of CUT YOU OFF WITHOUT USING TURN SIGNALS) I do have to hit my brakes quite a bit...

Followed by hitting the gas...pealing the tires....blowing past them...flipping them off...
    Originally posted by Kman
    'Ghetto Booty' + Jules = My, My ,My

I remember a few other posts with people saying the rotors arent the best for the G6 and a few people saying even around 8K the rotors have to be done already. Thats why also i think theres people looking for aftermarket sloted rotors cuz our stock ones suck. I have 3K on mine and hoping that dosnt happen to mine but looks inevedable

I dont know if a dealership will cover it cuz they can say wear and tear but I think if there as weak as I read before they should be.
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

yeah i doubt the dealership will cover it unless there was an actual failure. at work we get brand new rotors out of the box that need to be machined because they are warped so it does happen. get them turned and if that doesn't help i would invest in some better quality rotors.

Comment

unfortunetly this is seems to be something that a bunch of us are going to have to suck it up and take care of the problems ourselves. Either by turnin them or upgrading and buying new rotors. I bought my G6 with 9000 on it and with a bit over 15 i know something needs to be done with my brakes.. I gotz the wobble
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

EEK!

Is there any way you can put some of those posts back?

Not necessarily the arguing ones but the ones where they were talking about the different reasons for turning -vs- replacing?

Comment

Woops! Lol. hold on!
            Straight up Pimp Trollin'
            2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
            w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Probably a bad idea...

Bottom line is if you turn them it will fix it for a while, more like a band-aid. But I have in the past turned rotors just to make then last long enough to buy something aftermarket.

If you can afford to replace them, do that. If you can't right now just turn them to help you get by longer, or wait it out until you can. I don't think anyone will argue with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                Probably a bad idea...

Bottom line is if you turn them it will fix it for a while, more like a band-aid. But I have in the past turned rotors just to make then last long enough to buy something aftermarket.

If you can afford to replace them, do that. If you can't right now just turn them to help you get by longer, or wait it out until you can. I don't think anyone will argue with that.
                Well said and I couldnt have said it better... good post!
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                  Probably a bad idea...

My big issue is that im driving 1400 miles next Saturday. Turning around and driving 1400 miles back on Thursday.

Above and beyond anything, I dont want to deal with the wobble for 3,000 miles, but if the brakes suck so bad that this is so common an issue...

I am thinking of just replacing them with the slotted on the front end.

Which means ordering them...hoping they get here by Friday...hoping I can get them into a garage by friday to get them put on...

Which means Im probably still gonna end up having to turn the ones I have and sucking up the $10 per rotor charge, until I get back from O-Hi-Hoe.

Decisions Decisions

Comment

Personally if it's a trip your talking about, I would take them pay the money to turn them and get new ones after the trip. No reason in putting 3,000 miles on brand new brakes, turning them will stop the shake and easily last your trip or at least should I'd think
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    Originally posted by simplyred
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Well if it bothers you a great deal you could get them turned, them pulsating isn't doing any real damage other than just being annoying.

Dunno what to tell ya really, I guess it's just how bad it bothers you. Personally I'd just wait it out but I've never gone that far in one trip with warped rotors. Ah see I just said warped

Comment

Working...
                      X