Question about decal on windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about decal on windshield

So, I've placed a decal near the top/centre of my windshield and am wondering (in retrospect) if this will be ok in Ontario. See this thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19731

From the driver seat, I am unable to see the decal as it sits behind the rear view mirror, so it is not obstructing my view (anymore than the rear view mirror does).

Is having a decal on the windshield in this position ok?
    2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe
    Black | Sunroof | Leather | Debadged | Garmin Nuvi 680
    Front Tint - 30% Llumar ATR | Rear Tint - 15% Llumar ATR | Windshield Tint Strip - 15% Llumar ATR

Re: Question about decal on windshield

Originally posted by rawkey
    So, I've placed a decal near the top/centre of my windshield and am wondering (in retrospect) if this will be ok in Ontario. See this thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19731

From the driver seat, I am unable to see the decal as it sits behind the rear view mirror, so it is not obstructing my view (anymore than the rear view mirror does).

Is having a decal on the windshield in this position ok?

Ok so I don't know the legality of it all...however I have had a rather large pontiac decal on my windshield for over a year and have never been stopped...plus I see others all the time and have never heard of a problem with it

Now I heard through the grapevine something about if you have one it shouldn't be larger then 6 inches down from the top of your windshield.... again I have never heard of anyone stopped or ticketed for this

I am sure you are ok

Comment

I am guessing it shouldn't be a problem. People hand huge objects on their rear view mirrors and that's can be a bigger obstruction of vision.

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks... I'm pretty confident that there won't be any issues.
        Front Tint - 30% Llumar ATR | Rear Tint - 15% Llumar ATR | Windshield Tint Strip - 15% Llumar ATR

Comment

Provided that the decal doesn't go below the line that's marked on the windshield, it's legal.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
            Provided that the decal doesn't go below the line that's marked on the windshield, it's legal.
            What line on the windshield? In the pictures I posted, you can see the tint strip... is that what you're referring to? Or is there some other line?

Comment

Originally posted by rawkey
              Originally posted by TLS2000
              What line on the windshield? In the pictures I posted, you can see the tint strip... is that what you're referring to? Or is there some other line?
              The AS1 line.

Look towards the top of your windshield, on the outside, at either the left or right side. It should look similar to the picture. Anything above it is ok - at least in the states it should be like that. Couldn't tell you whether or not that's the same in the "northern states".

Sometimes glass doesn't have a visibly marked AS1 line. If your glass had a tint strip from the factory, then the bottom of that tint strip is the equivalent.

If you have no line, and no tint, then you're on your own.
              2009 PONTIAC G8
              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
              X