Eibach Pro Kit Installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eibach Pro Kit Installed

alright guys so i finally got the time to fill you all in on how installing my eibach pro kit went. I'll put up some pictures and hopefully Tupperware SC2 and/or someone else that knows how to install can use these pictures to further inform you in a how-to for installing the springs and saving a boatload of cash by doing so

So going into this, two of my friends and i, we didn't completely know what we were doing and so just the first wheel took 5 hours mostly because of the little bump stop not going through the piston all the way (we weren't sure it was supposed to at first) then after we figured out to just take the whole spring/shock out and assemble it outside of the car and then put it back in, the other 3 tires took around 30-45 minutes. it was a breeze.

i still have yet to get an alignment but will have to wait till monday to do so. From driving around today though, the ride felt very nice. it was alot more solid and not so bouncy and there was quite an improvement on taking turns as far as body roll goes. I also like how you can notice it's lowered by when you get in/out of the car and are lower to the ground. i'll put up some pictures and try to describe them a little. i apologize i didn't get many pics since we didn't quite know what we were doing at first and everything. also my camera for some reason took them in a very low quality

Here is just a before picture

You have to remove these bolts around the top so the shock can come out

For taking the entire shock out, you have to remove the two bolts on the bottom connecting it to where the brake system is, you also remove the bolt at the top that is circled that connects to the shock. there is also one more small peice to remove from the shock on the other side. sorry i don't have a picture of that

Once you have the entire thing out, remove the spring obviously and take out the little black tubing around the shock and remove the old bump stop and replace it with one of the two included with the pro kit. Make sure you push in down on the shock well past the threading. then put the new spring on and throw it all back together. (don't mind the compressor we are using there. we rented the right one from autozone, sorry no picture of that either.)

here is the look i should have kept. it's pretty mean looking.

Then the rear springs were waaaay easier and quicker. from what i saw i think there is only one bolt that needs to be removed and i have that circled. i may be wrong so please correct me if i am anyone with more experience and knowledge. but here is a picture of the rear after getting the shock on about to put it back together.

Now for the finished product (i'll have better quality pictures up sometime after tuesday since i get my tint on then, it will be better to wait!)

sorry about the glare in this one

Progression Page

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Installed

DUDE!! THAT LOOKS SO WICKED!!

2008 GT Coupe

Originally posted by jgarcia05
    Damn, you cought me....he is rather handsome....

Comment

friggin sweet, i wanna do that badly!!!!!!
      sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

very nice man

Comment

looks really good, what i like about the eibachs seems liek they take you to the lowest point for this car before you get a nasty neg camber issue . Gotta commend you guys on doing it yourself most places cheapest they will do this job for is $200 bones not including a aligenment.. wish I had the knowledge to do so I should have just dove into it, but all that junk i read about it can kill you an junk really turned me off of it lol.

an again great job let us know how it rides after the aligenment.

Comment

looks good dude
            sigpic
            Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
            It takes years to become a member of this elite group
            K&N CAI, Preformance Exhaust GM, Custom Grill GM other mods coming this spring. Ground Effects Kit color coded Black

Comment

Nice work. Glad you got it done!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

looks awesome man... good work
                2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

looks good....how long did it take you

Comment

Originally posted by johnperdeye
                    looks good....how long did it take you
                    well the first wheel took about 5 hours since we weren't sure of the right way to do it and autozone had given me the wrong spring compressor so we had to make another trip back there for the right one. but after we figured out how to get the first one on right, the other 3 took no more than 45 minutes i don't think.

Progression Page

Comment

very nice, it's ridiculous how much better a 6 looks lowered!!!
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I'd like to add a few notes from my install. Feel free to insert them into the original post if you wish.

These bolts use a 13mm socket, if I recall correctly.
                        Originally posted by strikeaholic
                        You have to remove these bolts around the top so the shock can come out
                        These bolts are 18mm. The two lower ones are splined. Use a block of wood and a hammer to beat them out of the hole once you remove the nut.
                        For taking the entire shock out, you have to remove the two bolts on the bottom connecting it to where the brake system is, you also remove the bolt at the top that is circled that connects to the shock. there is also one more small peice to remove from the shock on the other side. sorry i don't have a picture of that
                        Yeah, these were a heck of a lot easier. This bolt is 18mm as well I believe. Just support the lower arm with a jack, remove the bolt, then release the pressure slowly. When it stops falling (there should be 3 inches or so between when the arm stops falling and where the bolt hole on the rotor assembly is), take a flathead screwdriver and pry down at the top rubber stopper. The spring will not be under any compression, so don't worry about it flying off at you. We had to remove the jack completely to get enough clearance to push down, so no worries. To put the bolt back in, just lift enough to put the jack back under and raise it until the holes line back up.
                        Then the rear springs were waaaay easier and quicker. from what i saw i think there is only one bolt that needs to be removed and i have that circled. i may be wrong so please correct me if i am anyone with more experience and knowledge. but here is a picture of the rear after getting the shock on about to put it back together.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

that looks so good, thats my mod i want to do after all the snow goes away this year

Comment

I can't get the bolt attached to the stabilizer bar link out. It just keeps turning. Any hints. It is the one attached up top on the strut.

Comment

So exactly when do you use the spring compressors on the front springs? Do you apply those before removing the bolt in the top of the shock? I've got my kit ordered so I'm planning on do this in the next few weeks. Thanks!
                              2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
                              1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Working...
                              X