possible good news for us clunkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible good news for us clunkers

sounds like theyve finally come up with a redesigned i shaft for those of us that clunk

#08-02-34-001: Servicing Intermediate Steering Shafts - DO NOT Grease Painted I-Shafts - (Aug 4, 200

Subject: Servicing Intermediate Steering Shafts - DO NOT Grease Painted I-Shafts

Models: 2004-2009 Chevrolet Malibu

2005-2009 Pontiac G6

2007-2009 Saturn Aura

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important: DO NOT grease a painted I-shaft.

A different I-shaft will soon be available for service. This I-shaft is painted.

The painted service I-shaft metal surface has a revised isolation material that does not tolerate lubricants.

The painted I-shafts should not be greased at the slip joint before installation. Greasing the painted I-shafts will damage the I-shaft.

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Re: possible good news for us clunkers

so do we know when this i shaft will be available? i got clunking too, but need to take the car in to get it checked out. dont know what they will do yet.
    2008 Pontiac G6 GT, Silver, debadged(money saver)

2004 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax, Silver(my fast toy)

2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4, Green(mud toy)

1987 Chevrolet Suburban 4x4, blue(project truck)

Comment

Mine is making clunking sound again after 4 months. Maybe I should wait for this new I-shaft instead of getting the existing one lubed repeatedly.

Comment

Would all shafts get replaced?

Comment

That is good news!!

That is the main reason i got rid of my 6er
          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

One might say we are getting the shaft(s)

This is nice. Next service I might complain of a clunking and give them the TSB and my dealer would throw it in for me without having to road test it themselves. I used to hear the clunking a lot, but since I got the GT-R I can't hear it anymore But I bet it's still there.
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

u think they might do a recall??
              my bumper to bumper is about to expire, and I already had them lube it for a popping noise, but now a month later, its clunking, although I only notice when parked, and I was checking for slop in the steering wheel.

AJ
              De-Badged, Tinted Tails 3rd Brake Light
              Custom Painted Interior, Engine/Battery Covers
              Custom Intake, Racingline MM, Black Upper Grills
              My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

There won't be a recall on this, as it isn't a safety issue.

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Well its good to know that tthey finally found a solution. So what about us people that are out of warranty? Are we gonna be able to get it all fixed without having to pay or anything like that??

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                  Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

Read my above post.

Unless you have a consitant record of complaining about it, they may not help you out.

sigpic
                    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

my only question to this is who knows when it will be released

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                        Read my above post.

Unless you have a consitant record of complaining about it, they may not help you out.
                        opps...sorry about that. well i guess this means i better get to complaining so maybe something can get done about it without me having to actualy pay(which i doubt will happen)

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                        Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

when I took mine in for the first time they found the shafts were forced together and not keyed properly which was causing my clunk. After the splines were realigned they reinstalled everything and gave it back to me. Now the clunk is back again and worse than before, happens all the time now instead of just when going over bumps. Hopefully we hear more news about this so we can all get this fixed.
                          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

brought mine in last month for a clunk,they said they serviced the interrmediate shaft with a grease kit,had no problems or noise since,called them today to see if they heard of the updated shaft and they didn't know what i was talking about...but have some good friends working there in service and sales ,and will call me when they hear anything or are able to order them...

cold air intake, painted engine bay, zzp strut bar, GM lip kit, upper and lower recessed chrome grilles, chrome handles ,pillar posts,painted calipers,painted mirror covers,custom dual exhaust
                            interrior blue LED's , front and rear dart overlays
                            MODS to come ...MPD or GXP hood,and 91 octane tune (waiting on rear tail lights)

Comment

well more news
                              a guy in the shop installed a new designed ishaft in a G6 today so it looks like it may be out
                              but there is no bulletin conferming it yet though

Comment

Working...
                              X