Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When a one-year-old gets your keyboard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When a one-year-old gets your keyboard...

This is what happened about 6 months ago when I upgraded to Vista and my son got ahold of the keyboard during the setup.....

I finally dragged them all out of the sidebar....over the months I've prolly gotten 25 or so of them closed.

What you see...
    -154 clocks
    -69 calendars
    -1 picture viewer
    -4 post its

Re: When a one-year-old gets your keyboard...

lol WTF?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

hahahahaha lock your computer fool!
      sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

why don't you just kill the sidebar, or the processes in task manager. Would definately be easier
        Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
        I <3 Cody.

No homo.
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

I wanted to still use the sidebar, and the only way i found to close them was exiting them one by one, tho after dragging them all out, it stopped it from freezing after that

Comment

Vista FTL!
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

did you try clicking on properites for the task bar, then view list of running gadgets, then close say clock? Even if you have to do it multiple times should be alot easier than trying to close them on the desktop.

You also could kill the command, like kill clock.exe, though I know that the sidebar clock is not called clock.exe
              Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
              I <3 Cody.

No homo.
              Originally posted by ahuhn
              i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Wasn't able to do it that way. All of the sidebar gadgets are in the sidebar.exe

Comment

Vista FAIL
                  2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                  Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                  Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                  2005 CGM GTO.
                  386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                  2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

wellllllll good luck with that one.
                    Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

lmao awesome, gotta love kids :P
                      good luck getting that straight

Originally posted by acxdarlene
                      no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

hahaha good stuff

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

ya vista blows majorly. The gadgets/sidebar was a good idea but poorly executed cause it slows my computer way down cause it takes up way too much of processor plus never really had a need for any of it, theres a clock on the toolbar, calendar if you double click the clock on the toolbar and well the only one I liked was the stat one but that takes up the processor more cause it was horribly programmed and uses the processor to check your processor which isn't a smart plan should've routed it in with something or made it less of a killer.

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                          G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

STARCRAFT FTW!
                            Seriously though, its a great game, I hope the second one is better

but its kinda funny what happend, you cant get mad.
                            Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo64
                              ya vista blows majorly. The gadgets/sidebar was a good idea but poorly executed cause it slows my computer way down cause it takes up way too much of processor plus never really had a need for any of it, theres a clock on the toolbar, calendar if you double click the clock on the toolbar and well the only one I liked was the stat one but that takes up the processor more cause it was horribly programmed and uses the processor to check your processor which isn't a smart plan should've routed it in with something or made it less of a killer.
                              I don't get why you people hate on vista so much I've been running x64 version for a month now, seems to run great. Of course, I turned off UAC and the sidebar as soon as it booted up for the first time, but I haven't had any issues with programs (besides needing to run xp compatibility mode for dvdshrink). I'm probably in the minority of users though, considering I've got a 3ghz dual core, 6gb ram, two 3870's in crossfire, and a raptor to feed it all data.

Even with all that iron though, it's still slower than my old system (2ghz dual core, 2 gig ram, 7 series geforce) running fedora 9, haha

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Working...
                              X