Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Bra/front end cover?(updated with pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Bra/front end cover?(updated with pics)

You guys have any advice for a good one for the G6?

Factory one is $115, which really isn't that bad. I assume its probably one of the better fitting ones. Anyone have any tips on other ones.

Also how hard is it to install/remove. Really only want to throw it on for road trips.
    2007 Dark Gray Metallic G6 Sedan 3.5L v6 A4
    Former cars... '85 Camaro, '94 Camaro, '00 Camaro, '92 Mustang GT

Re: Car Bra/front end cover?

Have you checked ebay for any factory ones? Im sure they would be a lot cheaper then the price you put up. Good luck!

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
    Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

not a bra fan....on cars or women~
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
        could not have said it better

if you want protection, get the clear 3M wrap. Looks much better IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson
          Originally posted by Lampoon
          could not have said it better

if you want protection, get the clear 3M wrap. Looks much better IMO
          didn't nikki have that at one point and hated it?
          Originally posted by jeffro
          nice laura, real nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LZ's GTP
            Yup, she did, but i think she hated the bug stains that wouldn't come out, not the actual product

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson
              Originally posted by LZ's GTP
              Yup, she did, but i think she hated the bug stains that wouldn't come out, not the actual product
              k- glad someone is around to straighten me out
              Originally posted by jeffro
              nice laura, real nice!!!

Comment

Only plan for long trips not daily driving...

3m stuff ehh... nto sure if I woudl be a fan. Its FL, lots of bugs. I am going up to the mountains in a week did it begining of the year(driving on some dirt/gravel roads) and got a nick or too.

I think they are ugly too....

As for ebay, I have seen 1 or 2, used, one was missing parts and they were ~$80. I can then see $10-15 shipping, and for $20, I would rather get new and pick it up in a day.(dealer can get it next day when I order it)

Believe me I am usually an ebay hound, but I don't want to deal with paying, waiting 1 week for a response, then 2-3 weeks for him to actually ship, then 5-7 days for it to ship, then worry if UPS will leave it on my door or take it back to the depot(they have done both at my place)

Comment

There is a picture of my car with the magnetbra in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19491

Check it out, they're pretty cheap and do a great job!
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I picked up the factory one from the dealer.

Fits great, had a little issue with 2 tabs(top ones on the inner fenders) bot got them on.

Looks great(well as far as bras go) Glad I got it, I have a ~1500 mile, maybe more trip coming up this week through FL, and southeast US. Should keep a the bugs off my paint. I like it though, looks easy to put on and off. Well if its warm I installed it at night which obviously made it harder, but I'ze got big arms and got it on.

Comment

Call around to local shops, see if you can get the bumper guard protection.. it's clear and doesn't fade and works amazing, you can't even tell it's on when applied properly..

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
                      Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

Originally posted by Dextar
                        Call around to local shops, see if you can get the bumper guard protection.. it's clear and doesn't fade and works amazing, you can't even tell it's on when applied properly..
                        Unless you already have stone chips, in which case the bumper guard would make it stand out a little more. I actually saw this stuff for the first time the other day on a white G5 and it doesn't stand out as much as a car bra. I wish that I would have done my own car with it back then, because the front end of my car is in horrible shape now from all the gravel they use on the roads here every winter.

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I thought the 3M stuff changed color after a while.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                          Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I have seen the 3M stuff on other cars, its "ok" but overall not worth the cost. Because it does go to shit overtime and I can notice it. Which is one thing.

Obviously not as invasive as a bra, but I don't intend to leave the bra on year round. Only on some of my longer road trips, I'll take it off for the around town driving. I am driving up to North Carolina and back and going to be on alot of dirt/gravel roads in Norht Carolina. Its not just the bugs though, my last trip to cocoa(60 miles round trip, with alot of swamp on both sides) led to about 1-2 hours of claybaring/washing the nose, getting bug guts off. It almost looked like I already had a bra on the car. LOL

Comment

btw went on pretty easily I had to muscle it but I was impatient and in time crunch and put it on at night, would have been easier during the day in the sun.

Worked great, glad I got it. covered in bugs, and I drove ~15 miles on pure gravel roads, and ~1600 miles in the last week, still making another 200 miles trip this week as well.

I honestly don't think it looks too bad I am not a fan of bra's looks but this looks different. BTW, it sort of has a little lip that helped a lot on keeping bugs off the windshield.

Comment

Working...
                              X