Kingston G6 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston G6 owners

Just wondering since I've seen more G6's lately in Kingston including one white modified GT would anyone consider PM-ing me so we can exchange opinions on the car and possibly meet. Interested in showing off what I have done to my GTP!
    GTpdriver
    G. Stephen Day

Re: Kingston G6 owners

GTPdriver,

Although I don't live in Kingston, my brother and his family does. I get to go out that way every so often. Usually once or twice a summer. If it's just the wife and I, then I take the G6 (mine is a coupe)... otherwise it's the Vibe or the Safari.

So just what have you done with your GTP? Did you already post something here on-line?

Take Care,
    GraniteGrey
    Trust me, I'm a professional!

Comment

I'm in Kingston. If anyone is planning a group meet, let me know.

G
      Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan Granite Metallic; ASA JH9 19' on Michelin PS2 (225/40/19); Red Caliper Paint by Duplicolor; Partial debadge; Lumar Tint 30/20; Eibach Springs; Razzi Ground Effects; GT-R Exhaust, CRAB Intake, VMS PCM Tune, MPD Hood
      Upcoming Mods: Stage 4

Comment

Not to jump in here.. But um, is this the Kingston that is a college town and has a strip bar intown??

I will be in Elgin and usually take a day and visit Kingston (first week of september.) Although i will not have my GTO, if someone is interested in meeting up, let me know..
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Kingston, former capital of Upper Canada and current home of the Royal Military College of Canada, as well as CFB Kingston and some kick ass views of the harbour and lake depending on where you are.

Is that the college town you're referring to?

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
            Kingston, former capital of Upper Canada and current home of the Royal Military College of Canada, as well as CFB Kingston and some kick ass views of the harbour and lake depending on where you are.

Is that the college town you're referring to?
            I think, i can only really remember the strip club and some of the shops

Actually , i think i remember a body of water???
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Kingston, Ontario, Canada is about 1/2 way between Toronto and Montreal. Elgin, is about 40 minutes north of Kingston.

Click on the map to go to the Google site for the full-sized map.
              Trust me, I'm a professional!

Comment

Sorry to disappoint Toyz but there is no strip joint left in Kingston and it is more of a University town rather than a college town though it does have the aforementioned RMC as well as St. Lawrence College.
                I originally started this thread in an attempt to meet some people of common interest and maybe exchange ideas about our cars. We could meet over a coffee at a Tim Horton's or somewhere else. Not fussy.
                Others in other areas seem to have done this so I don't see why not here. Surely they must be G6's or even another GTP owner with similar desires.
                GTPdriver
                G. Stephen Day

Comment

I'm sure you'll get a meet going. Toronto and Calgary seem to have the most successful regular get togethers so I don't see why another Canadian city can't make the American's look bad.

Americans view University and College the same way and use the word college when speaking of University.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

My apologies GTPdriver, I did not mean to interrupt your thread. I wanted to make sure my availability was out there if i had the right Kingston! My offer still stands for that week.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                      My apologies GTPdriver, I did not mean to interrupt your thread. I wanted to make sure my availability was out there if i had the right Kingston! My offer still stands for that week.
                      Well speaking of interrupting threads....I would be up to possibly driving east for a meet in Kingston too...maybe you should try organizing a meet around the time Toyz is around - would be kewl

Comment

I think that there might still be a strip joint in Kingston, but from what I've heard about it, you're better off avoiding it. If you're really in that sort of mood, Toronto and Montreal are not far. Kingston does have some nice scenery though.

A Kingston meet would be cool. Toronto is not far, but it is not close, and busy times make it hard to just drop by for a meet.

G
                        Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan Granite Metallic; ASA JH9 19' on Michelin PS2 (225/40/19); Red Caliper Paint by Duplicolor; Partial debadge; Lumar Tint 30/20; Eibach Springs; Razzi Ground Effects; GT-R Exhaust, CRAB Intake, VMS PCM Tune, MPD Hood

Comment

Cool thread. :] I'm from the Belleville area so I'm rather close to Kingston. G; did you do most of the work on your car yourself? Very impressive! Do you know of any reputable custom shops around Kingston?

Comment

We should try to a do a meet sometime.

Razzi painted my kit. I installed it. My MPD hood was painted and installed by a local body shop. My lowering springs and exhaust were installed by a local shop. My tune is by VMS.

I think that there are some custom/ performance shops in the area but I haven't checked any of them out.

G

Comment

Working...
                            X