AC afterblow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC afterblow

I received my FSM yesterday. Skimming thru the pages, I noted that there is an AC afterblow to prevent mildew and foul smell in the SC system. Basically the BCM put the AC fan in high after 2 minutes of the engine shutdown to dry the evaporator, if the right conditions are met.
    Now my question is....
    How can I activate this?

Every time I turn the AC on, I get that mildew odor. I haven't pay any attention to it until I saw this.

For all who plan to keep their G6 for more than a couple of years..... get the FSM. Is well worth it the 150 bucks shipped for 3 massive books. Money extremely well spent

Re: AC afterblow

FSM?

Flying Spaghetti Monster?
    Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

Comment

Originally posted by CaptRage
      haha

FSM = factory service manual
      2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by CaptRage
        hahaha

a true religion

i am getting that crappy mildew smell too
        18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

I have that same damn smell too
          Originally posted by jeffro
          nice laura, real nice!!!

Comment

Subscribing. I want to know the answer to this...
            "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
            ~~GWAR's description of Hell
            SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

I know this has been discussed before. I believe there was a TSB. For the life of me I can't find it right now. I know I had my mechanic work on this last summer- he fixed it- but now it is acting up again.
              Originally posted by jeffro
              nice laura, real nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LZ's GTP
                I know this has been discussed before. I believe there was a TSB. For the life of me I can't find it right now. I know I had my mechanic work on this last summer- he fixed it- but now it is acting up again.
                Are you talking about the smell or the afterblow?

You can get rid of the smell temporarily by using those AC duct cleaner disinfectants but the smell will eventually come back.

So unless you turn off the compressor like 10 mins before parking and run the fan at full blast, you will still get the odor.
                Thats a nice environment for bacteria to grow! They love dark, humid and warm places

Comment

To enable the Afterblow function (Manual or Auto HVAC systems) please follow the below pathing:

Make sure your Tech 2 is on software version 26.004 or higher.
                  With the CANdi module installed on the Tech 2 build the correct model year and body style.
                  Navigate to the following Computer/Integrating Systems " Pick the Engine type " Other " Module Setup " Body Control Module " BCM Setup " Unable to program VIN/Odometer controller is locked > Would you like to configure options only? > Yes > Continue > "Select Country" Save options > Put a Asterisks " * " next to the Afterblow option and save options > Continue to the next page and make sure to save options > New BCM setup is complete.
                  This will now enable the Afterblow on your vehicle.

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                  Originally posted by snowmanG6
                  you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

DAMN!!!!

Basically there is no workaround this then. That exactly what the manual says....

I need to get one of those Tech II calculator on steroids thing or borrow one to do this

Comment

here's the answer! move to new mexico/arizona/socal/parts of texas...

i dont even really know what 'mildew' is

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

Nah.... I prefer the Caribbean...

At least I can leave a spray can in the sun without killing someone... je je

What I am doing is to turn off the ac and open the sunroof a little and draw outside air.
                        At least the odor is reduced but still will tell the dealer to activate that function in my next visit...

Time to check Ebay for those Tech II

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP
                          Time to check Ebay for those Tech II

about a grand and dont forget the candi module for another 500

ive looked

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                          Originally posted by snowmanG6
                          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

is there any way i can get this done under warantee?
                            "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                            ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                            SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Yep!
                              Tell them to activate the AC afterblow function.

They will probably ask what the hell is that
                              Ahun posted the instructions

To enable the Afterblow function (Manual or Auto HVAC systems) please follow the below pathing:

Make sure your Tech 2 is on software version 26.004 or higher.
                              With the CANdi module installed on the Tech 2 build the correct model year and body style.
                              Navigate to the following Computer/Integrating Systems " Pick the Engine type " Other " Module Setup " Body Control Module " BCM Setup " Unable to program VIN/Odometer controller is locked > Would you like to configure options only? > Yes > Continue > "Select Country" Save options > Put a Asterisks " * " next to the Afterblow option and save options > Continue to the next page and make sure to save options > New BCM setup is complete.
                              This will now enable the Afterblow on your vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                              X