Convertible Fitted G6 Sun Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible Fitted G6 Sun Shield

Well I feel like a dumb ass for asking... but can anyone recommend a website that sells fitted front windshield sun shields specifically for the G6 Convertible (or coupe)? Just picked up a GTP (black on black) and everything bakes under the sun.

I've tried Google with no luck what so ever - it seems most of the fitted shields are for the 4 door.

Thanks!
    Jason

Could try GMpartsdirect.com
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

or the acctual dealership, might cost a lil bit but it would fit perfectly. I assume you've at least gotten or are trying the universal ones right?
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Yep I've tried a couple universal ones but none of them seem to fit right. I initially owned a 350Z Roadster (yes and traded it for the G6!) and noticed some slight fading w/ a standard sun shield - even with protectant.

Looks like autocarparts.com can get them to order so I'll give them a shot.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

I tried to find one by calling my dealer and they told me that as of yet, GM is not making a sun shield for our cars. Sucks! I don't want some universal might fit, might not crap. Hope GM starts making them soon.
          Black 2006 G6 GTP Coupe w/ Auto and an AEM Dryflow Filter to MAF Intake Setup. Best $53.70 I ever spent on a car! No re-oiling either... Also running Mobil1!

Comment

Nice to see another convertible owner here. I have black with the tan/black leather. I haven't noticed any fading but I'll be careful to look for that! I might have to order a sunshield too though, I do notice how the car heats up under the sun.

The other day I saw someone with a 350z who left the top down but had a sunshield in the windshield. I just laughed!

Comment

Haha that's hilarious... the stupidest thing I've ever done was driving 80mph to avoid getting wet during a freak rain storm. There is never a bridge when you need one!

Incase anyone else is looking for a fitted sun screen the one from autocarparts.com fit perfectly. Cost was $30 and took about 10 days to be delivered.

On a side note just spend 4 freakin hours applying 303 Aerospace Protectant to all the interior trim and Pinnacle Leather Conditioner for the seats. Definitely worth the time... NOW I'll be ready for that next freak rain storm.

Comment

Working...
              X