Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Impala or Malibu, depending on which way GM goes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Impala or Malibu, depending on which way GM goes.

edit: Go to page 2 for more up-to-date pictures of the REAL 2008 Malibu

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusi ... 10490.html

It says Impala, but apparently it could be the next Malibu. If the Impala goes RWD, which it probably will, then the Maliba will be moving up in size to match the current Impala as a FWD car.

So we could be looking at the next Malibu here!

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

intresting, didnt really expect that!
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

You guys were just expecting me to chime in here. :P

Well, I've heard lots of rumors on the next gen Malibu.

First rumor is... that the bu according to popular mechanics will look like this...

Not only that but as far as I know no matter what the bu was to remain on the Epsilon 2 platform for next gen. Now I'm not saying Chevy couldn't change that but that looks to me as if its the next gen Impala concept. (and are we sure that the car in the photo is riding on the Zeta platform??? Did someone go up there and check out the unibody structure of the car??? )

On another note the next gen Malibu could be RWD too. As the Epsilon 2 platform is to support RWD, AWD, and FWD.

Second rumor has it that Chevy will stop production of the Malibu as that was the vehicle that took the Camaro's place when the Camaro went into its little retirement . Which would suck cuz you guys all know how much I like the Malibu.

Only time will tell but I hope that is the next gen bu cuz its hawt. Though the front end looks too much like the Impala. Final comment is that the rear end looks like an Acura RSX.
      Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

I thought it was an RX8 when I glanced at it....
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

For somereason I think it looks like an acura TL. Just me though.
          Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe--Strut Brace is all I have for now. More to come!

Comment

Originally posted by MalibuMaxx
            First rumor is... that the bu according to popular mechanics will look like this...

I'll believe that's the next malibu when I see it. It looks hot. I'm sure they'll manage to destroy that design.
            ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

ALL pontiacs by 2008 will be RWD- accoridng to Pontiac Spokesman whats-his-face. The upcoming G8 (bonneville replacment and more than liikly Grand Prix replacement, too) is RWD. 2008 G6 is said to be swinging that way, as well as the G5 will be made AWD in 09.
              Straight up Pimp Trollin'
              2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
              w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

From what I hear too the G5 is supposed to be completely reworked for the 09 year. :smoke:
                Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

Wasn't the malibu just redesigned in 2004? What's with American automakers changing their designs every few years these days? As for all Pontiacs being RWD, I just think they're digging their own grave with that idea.
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                    Wasn't the malibu just redesigned in 2004? What's with American automakers changing their designs every few years these days? As for all Pontiacs being RWD, I just think they're digging their own grave with that idea.
                    i miss the good old days when you could take one look at the front and back of a car and say without hesitation "that car was built during this year". the design changed every year and it was awesome that way....an unrealistic goal in this day and age...but i miss it.

Comment

Agreed, now you have to say it was built around 95-2001??? WTF... Thanks a lot oh let me check the vin and look it up cuz I can't remember.

Comment

yeah exactly....i can look at a '2nd gen S-series' and say it was either 94-97 or 98 and newer. unfortunately that is as close as i can get. i miss the throwbacks, but they are not going to go back to that so we gotta get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by MalibuMaxx
                          You guys were just expecting me to chime in here. :P

Well, I've heard lots of rumors on the next gen Malibu.

There's a guy on Camaroz28.com, who happens to be an automotive journalist. He also happens to get all of his "rumours" correct. His alias on that site is GuionM. I will believe anything he says over a magazine, which, BTW, happens to be 2 months behind the times.

Not only that but as far as I know no matter what the bu was to remain on the Epsilon 2 platform for next gen. Now I'm not saying Chevy couldn't change that but that looks to me as if its the next gen Impala concept. (and are we sure that the car in the photo is riding on the Zeta platform??? Did someone go up there and check out the unibody structure of the car??? )
                          I never said that the car in the photo was Zeta II. It is a FWD car, which may be the next Impala, IF Impala stays FWD. Otherwise it will be the Malibu. Epsilon 2 is more flexible than you think.

On another note the next gen Malibu could be RWD too. As the Epsilon 2 platform is to support RWD, AWD, and FWD.
                          Not gonna happen. The Impala will be RWD, and the Malibu will remain FWD, with perhaps an AWD option. They will not make both Impala and Malibu RWD, as this will cost them sales.

Second rumor has it that Chevy will stop production of the Malibu as that was the vehicle that took the Camaro's place when the Camaro went into its little retirement . Which would suck cuz you guys all know how much I like the Malibu.
                          Uh, no. Malibu was there BEFORE the Camaro was discontinued. Malibu and Camaro are not even the same type of car, or in the same market. Sorry, but

sigpic
                          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                            There's a guy on Camaroz28.com, who happens to be an automotive journalist. He also happens to get all of his "rumours" correct. His alias on that site is GuionM. I will believe anything he says over a magazine, which, BTW, happens to be 2 months behind the times.
                            Ok, thats nice, its just like saying that I know a GM truck engineer (which I do), but we still don't know what car that is and as its front lights look like the Impy thats what I think it will be.

I never said that the car in the photo was Zeta II. It is a FWD car, which may be the next Impala, IF Impala stays FWD. Otherwise it will be the Malibu. Epsilon 2 is more flexible than you think.
                            The site that you provided thought that car could be on the Zeta platform.

Not gonna happen. The Impala will be RWD, and the Malibu will remain FWD, with perhaps an AWD option. They will not make both Impala and Malibu RWD, as this will cost them sales.
                            A new version of the Epsilon, dubbed Epsilon 2, will debut in 2008. It will be adaptable for FRONT, REAR, and ALL-WHEEL drive applications.

Although "crossover SUVs" were planned for the original Epsilon platform, none were produced. Epsilon 2 also has this vehicle type planned, but they are more likely to use the planned Theta Premium architecture.

Opel have reportedly designed a new flagship model based on Epsilon 2 which would succeed the Omega and also be offered by Saturn.

The Epsilon 2 will be used in the following vehicles:

* 2008 Chevrolet Malibu...
                            I was just saying that its a possibility. And considering most people like RWD (or frankly just don't care... as long as it goes ) I wouldn't see how this would cost Chevy sales. Not only that but chevy has plenty of FWD such as the balt and aveo. Hell, considering how well Malibu's are selling right now(Check out the lots, we've got billions in our lots, Not too many on the road either)... Chevy might want to try something different.

Uh, no. Malibu was there BEFORE the Camaro was discontinued. Malibu and Camaro are not even the same type of car, or in the same market. Sorry, but
                            I know they made the Camaro during the first gen of the Bu... however, the reason it was introduced was to put a car in their line up so they could usher the Camaro out.

Here's the rumor that I beleve to be true...
                            The Malibu will be redesigned for either the 2010 or 2011 model year. It will be built on the long-wheelbase Epsilon platform shared with the Saturn Aura, Pontiac G6 and Malibu Maxx. Because the sedan is growing in size, the Maxx will be dropped. GM has been criticized for having repetitive models in its various brands, so the Epsilon lineup will be much more focused. The Malibu will be designed to be more American in terms of style and driving dynamics, the Aura will be designed to be more European, and the G6 is designed to be sporty and exciting.

Its just rumors... I got the discontinue one from Inside Indiana Business which said they are going to stop production in late fall 07 (which I agree is BS...) I didn't say I agree with these rumors. Their just out there so don't yell at me about them.

Comment

If you go back to the link I provide, and read the bold text on the bottom, it now states that this car is the 2008 Malibu, and is FWD.

Trust me, the guy on CZ28.com is very rarely wrong. Go on the site and read his past posts. I am not saying that I know it all, because of this guy. What I'm saying is that this guy knows his stuff.

He does know people on the inside that aren't engineers.

Ever heard of Scott Settlemire? He was the former manager for Corvette and Camaro. He's a little higher up the food chain than "some engineer guy that I know." He also posts on CZ28.com as FBodFather, BTW.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X