What alarm do you have??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What alarm do you have??

My car got broken in to last night, or early this morning, Im not sure which. Im really bumbed about it. They stole my brand new Oakley's (which my fiancee paid over $300 for less than 3 weeks ago for my B-day) they also stole my new Gerber multi-tool also from my B-day. they stole a few Cd's and stuff, not to mention like $30 worth of change in the cup holder...

So my question is "what kind of alarm do you have??" what do you guys recommend? Ive obviously heard lots about Viper (ive also heard that they are over rated and over priced tho) My buddy has a compustar and is really happy with it... Im looking to spend $500 - $600 if possible, but I will spend more if necessary to get a quality set up.

For the record, my GM "anti-theft device" was on and armed and never went off. I think that they jimmied the passenger front door. But for the record I AM PISSED. its a weird feeling to have your security compromised.
    2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Re: What alarm do you have??

Originally posted by 06MaxxSS
    My car got broken in to last night, or early this morning, Im not sure which. Im really bumbed about it. They stole my brand new Oakley's (which my fiancee paid over $300 for less than 3 weeks ago for my B-day) they also stole my new Gerber multi-tool also from my B-day. they stole a few Cd's and stuff, not to mention like $30 worth of change in the cup holder...

So my question is "what kind of alarm do you have??" what do you guys recommend? Ive obviously heard lots about Viper (ive also heard that they are over rated and over priced tho) My buddy has a compustar and is really happy with it... Im looking to spend $500 - $600 if possible, but I will spend more if necessary to get a quality set up.

For the record, my GM "anti-theft device" was on and armed and never went off. I think that they jimmied the passenger front door. But for the record I AM PISSED. its a weird feeling to have your security compromised.
    Odd.... on the 6er if the door opens when it's armed no matter what it goes off. (I've locked myself in and manually unlocked it before).

I remember being really pissed after someone popped my Sunfire's trunk one day at work. I had a backpack in my bag, but I had books in it too, and it was opened but I guess didn't seem it work taking and didn't bother taking the books out to see the laptop. Nothing stolen, but PISSED. And I had a alarm on it too, built in with my remote starter.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

that sucks man sorry to here it!
      only security system I have is my SWO stickers, no one messes with a gang members car!
      ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
      .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

i would say go with viper. i had a 790xv on my jimmy and it was awesome. you may not need all the functions though. i have a 791xv i may be putting in my G6 next weekend. i finally got the door lock interface module for it this week so i have everything i need.

791xv can be had for under $150 on ebay if you are going to install it yourself. if you are having it professionally installed they may require you to buy it through them which will cost significantly more (up to $500 most likely plus install). i have a friend who had a compustar on his subaru and really liked it also and it was much less expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
          Odd.... on the 6er if the door opens when it's armed no matter what it goes off. (I've locked myself in and manually unlocked it before).

I remember being really pissed after someone popped my Sunfire's trunk one day at work. I had a backpack in my bag, but I had books in it too, and it was opened but I guess didn't seem it work taking and didn't bother taking the books out to see the laptop. Nothing stolen, but PISSED. And I had a alarm on it too, built in with my remote starter.
          Actually unlike the Cavalier, the G6's stock content theft alarm doesn't go off if you manually unlock, but it does if it's unlocked from inside.

I tried it, my remote died and had to unlock with the key, with both my cars and observed this.
          <-- Gray G6? Click!
          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
          2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
          Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
            Originally posted by WoodburyMan

Actually unlike the Cavalier, the G6's stock content theft alarm doesn't go off if you manually unlock, but it does if it's unlocked from inside.

I tried it, my remote died and had to unlock with the key, with both my cars and observed this.
            I do believe the door key cylinder reads the transponder, which is why the alarm doesn't go off. I KNOW the trunk reads the key. But try unlocking it with a hardware store non-transponder dupe key, I bet it goes off!
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

oh man.......I sorry to hear about the theft...that sux. Hope all is better.
              Benny
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3162767

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS - *Wagon Mafia*: Dr. Speed Airbox, Intake Resonator Delete, Mobil1, PowerSlot Slotted Rotors, Hawk Performance Brakes Pads, 18 x 8.0 Konig Theory in Graphite, 235/50/ZR18 BFGoodrich G-Force, 10K Banbo H11 HID Kit, 2.5K Noyka Fogs, 35% 3M Tint, Smoked-Out Tails, Shorty Vette Antenna, 12" Hifonics Atlas enclosed in a ported box, 1501D MTX D-Class Amp, RF Cap, RF 0 Gauge Wire, 1" Kenwood KFC-ST30 Tweeters

Comment

I'd look into Compustar (or something from the same chain) personally, DEI is good too.

Comment

Working...
                X