Canon S5 IS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon S5 IS

Has any one used the Canon S5 IS ?? http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...ModelDetailAct

I was looking into this camera and was wondering if any one had any opinions or reviews on this camera.

I dont know very much about digital cameras so if any one could be of help that would be great

Re: Canon S5 IS

The S5 is a good camera for the average user. I find the body of it to be unnecessary bulky and hard to manage when you shoot and carry it around. If you want a good mix of SLR features and portability, minus the ability to swap lenses (like with digital SLR's) consider the Canon G9. For a $100 more you get ability to shoot in RAW format, you get 80% of SLR features and very good video ability. Also you gain 4MP more. Also the G9 has a better stabilization feature when using Digital Zoom.

Comment

My dad has the S5 IS. Great camera, phenomenal pics.

Only gripe he has is it seems to suck batteries dry in no time.

It uses AA batteries. We use rechargeables...but I wonder if it used the regular canon battery packs if it wouldn't get more shots per charge. *shrug* I'd buy one if i had the money!

I'll take a pic with it and post it in a bit...
      2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Canon makes good cameras so dont think you can go wrong with it. I personally love SLR's, dont know how much the S5 cost but bestbuy always has some SLR's on sale. The extra money spent on an SLR is worth it.
        A whole lot of mods and a freakin lesbo after me....
        Originally posted by 08blackgt
        hahaha i fukin love Darlene

Comment

ok i suck at taking pics AND i suck at red eye repair but here are 2 pics from the S5:

click the pic to get the full feel of that 8 megapixel goodness:

SUPER MACRO baby!

i'll try to get some better ones tomm...
          2009 PONTIAC G8
          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

sweet thank you. I told my boyfriend thats what I want for my birthday lol.... It seems like a pretty good camera to me.

Comment

i use an S3 IS...only difference basicallly is the megapixels where mine is a 6 meg and the S5 is an 8. I love mine. No complaints in my department.

if you go here http://www.myspace.com/sammiedphotography you can see all the photos I have taken with my S3

Comment

Working...
              X