Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Controls (no mp3 in g6 :( )

Hey all,
    Being really dissapointed that i don't have MP3 support in my monsoon system (06 g6 gt), i was thinking of buying one of those integrated GPS&MP3 players.

Do you know if there is a way to hook up the steering controls to third party players? How do these controls work (IE what makes it actually change the channel, is it a standard input to the audio system?)

Thanks.
    Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

It is a input to the radio although is not an industry standard or anything. The audio switches (8 on 4-spoke and 5 on 3-spoke) are configured to complete a circuit with different resistances. The radio "reads" a different voltage for each switch activation and the radio performs the function it is calibrated to based on voltage it reads. So if an aftermarket device had a similar type of "analog" input and was calibrated same way it could use those switches and do same (or different!) functions.

Comment

sometimes you can get a harness that will do some mojo and get the controls to work on an aftermarket head unit. Just have to make some calls and see haha
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

yep. There's a wiring kit for my Pioneer radio that will make the steering wheel controls useful once again. I just don't wanna deal with that yet.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, its good to know its possible.
          Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

Comment

Working...
          X