Need Some Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Opinions

This isnt directly related to the g6 however me and a friend are starting a mobile detailing buisness in our area and I was looking to see how many people here would pay for our full detail package. The full detail costs $225 and we are offering a 10% discount to start up, so $200 is the final cost. All of the products used are from respectable companies such as Mothers, 3M, Malco and several others.

Full detail includes the following:
    Vacuum
    Wash with PH balanced car soap
    Scrub Wheel Wells
    Scrub Tires And Rims
    Dress Tires
    Vinyl Protection
    Carpet Shampoo
    Cloth Seat Shampoo
    Leather Conditioner
    Clay Barring
    Pre Wax Cleaner
    Paint Sealant
    Hand Wax
    Top Coat
    Aquapel
    Engine Cleaning
    Clean Windows Inside And Out
    Installed - Crab CAB Intake, Borbet Type XL In Black wrapped in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Oval, Hammerhead, Lowered, Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD, HID's DDM tuning 55w 10k Low 35W 8k Fog, LED Tail Light Bulbs, Racingline Strut Bar Painted Red, R1 Concepts CD/S Front and Rear, EBC Yellowstuff pads, 25mm H&R Wheel Spacers, GTR (Pending Delivery)

Future Mods - Window Tint, GXP Rear Bumper, Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights, LED Turn Signals, Audi Headlight Mod, Upper/Lower Recessed Grilles, Energy Suspension Sway Bushings, Engine Tune

Re: Need Some Opinions

That sounds nice. If you weren't 6 hours away I'd do it I 've been very lazy with waxing this summer. Last summer I waxed the 6er 3 times, and I've only done once so far . I've never clayed either.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Lol if you pay for the gas there and back on top of the cost for the detail ill come and do it
      The reason im asking is because my family thinks its to much money to charge but the list of things we do is huge, and clay barring is a very labor intensive process along with a 4 step wax.
      Installed - Crab CAB Intake, Borbet Type XL In Black wrapped in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Oval, Hammerhead, Lowered, Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD, HID's DDM tuning 55w 10k Low 35W 8k Fog, LED Tail Light Bulbs, Racingline Strut Bar Painted Red, R1 Concepts CD/S Front and Rear, EBC Yellowstuff pads, 25mm H&R Wheel Spacers, GTR (Pending Delivery)

Future Mods - Window Tint, GXP Rear Bumper, Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights, LED Turn Signals, Audi Headlight Mod, Upper/Lower Recessed Grilles, Energy Suspension Sway Bushings, Engine Tune

Comment

This should be in the detailing section. :P

Claying is anything but labor intensive, very simple and quick to do.

Also how do you plan to do multiple coats of wax without letting each layer cure before topping it? Over the course of a couple days? Just curious. What about additional paint correction, such as polishing or even wetsanding.

Price is actually on the low side so it's plenty reasonable, if you do offer your services up be sure to hit up an admin first.

Comment

You'd have to change the price based off the size of the vehicle. In our area a SUV or Truck gets a detail It costs about $190 a car goes for around $150 I would check prices in your area for an idea on what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Irkie500
            This isnt directly related to the g6 however me and a friend are starting a
            mobile detailing buisness
            in our area and I was looking to see how many people here would pay for our full detail package. The full detail costs $225 and we are offering a 10% discount to start up, so $200 is the final cost. All of the products used are from respectable companies such as Mothers, 3M, Malco and several others.

Full detail includes the following:
            Vacuum
            Wash with PH balanced car soap
            Scrub Wheel Wells
            Scrub Tires And Rims
            Dress Tires
            Vinyl Protection
            Carpet Shampoo
            Cloth Seat Shampoo
            Leather Conditioner
            Clay Barring
            Pre Wax Cleaner
            Paint Sealant
            Hand Wax
            Top Coat
            Aquapel
            Engine Cleaning
            Clean Windows Inside And Out

You mean a car wash? or a summer hobby ?

I would consider it...but wouldnt take it in the end. as tempting as it is to have everything spic and span...i couldnt part with a 200% car wash....

Not sure about in the states but here in Canada (in my home city Winnipeg) they have the The Chamois car wash...get their premium package and it would VISUALLY look the same...granted may not include EVERYTHING but visually, you wouldnt tell the difference.

Comment

For some running their car through a car wash is enough, others like to be more intensive. There is no comparison between a car wash and what a respectable detailer can do. Some people don't even bother to wash their car, all depends on the person.

Comment

Yes the problem with letting the wax cure is we just dont have enough time. We will wait about 30 minutes inbetween stages however that is i know not nearly long enough, but we are mobile so we will have to cut some corners to save time. When the products come this friday ill detail my car and get some pics up.

Comment

You might want to just do a sealant with pure nuba over that, or even just one of them. Quality over quantity.

Comment

im thinking thats whats going to happen.

Comment

$200 seems like a very fair price to me. I can spend over $200 getting a detail at delta sonic and they don't even do all the stuff you've listed.

A couple of questions though, 1) what would an "engine cleaning" entail exactly? and 2) if your mobile, where would you get the water to wash someones car with? would you bring your own water with in a water tank on the back of a truck or would you use the customers water? Not trying to sound like a d*ck, but some people wouldn't want to pay money for someone to clean/wash/detail their car only to have to supply them with stuff.

Comment

engine cleaning is and engine detail, get all grime and dirt off then vinyl the plastics. As far as the water goes yes the customer will just need to supply us with an open spicket we will bring the hose for our pressure washer. Also newbiestyle what city do you live in because im in rochester and you speak of delta sonic (where i work at the moment) and they do rip you off quite a bit.

Comment

so you are gonna charge people to do the detail

and then make them pay for their own water usage too?

granted water isnt that much, but i find that odd

Comment

we dont have a van to carry around a water supply so what would you have us do? im sure most people wont care and if they do they are very unresonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Irkie500
                              engine cleaning is and engine detail, get all grime and dirt off then vinyl the plastics. As far as the water goes yes the customer will just need to supply us with an open spicket we will bring the hose for our pressure washer. Also newbiestyle what city do you live in because im in rochester and you speak of delta sonic (where i work at the moment) and they do rip you off quite a bit.
                              I live over in the suburbs of buffalo. Quite a few people are willing to pay delta sonic for the job that they do.

Comment

Working...
                              X