Chevy Camaro Convertible a go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy Camaro Convertible a go!

Read this in the new Motor Trend magazine. They got a pic too, but it's computer rendered, so just picture a camaro without a roof.

Anybody notice a horrible typo? Or is it...
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

2006?
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Funny that they claim that the convertible is a go when the Camaro program in general hasn't been approved yet.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
        Funny that they claim that the convertible is a go when the Camaro program in general hasn't been approved yet.
        Thats what I was thinking.. and god I hope its not that ugly ass concept that was at the car shows... sorry to say but to me that car is horrendous and will make the auto industry laugh at GM, especially if the Challenger comes out...if they are trying to go retro, place it on the back burner and start over!
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I would have to see it. I am interested in the T-A or the new goat. I wonder what those are going to look like. I heard there was a write up on the f body.
          Originally posted by Nikki
          You are an e-pimp.
          Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
          I tried too, my penis way too big
          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
          My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
          The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

There is going to be no Trans Am/Firebird. This has been stated multiple times by Bob Lutz.

Noah, the Camaro concept is not retro. It is merely returning Camaro to what it was meant to be, rather than a 4 door corvette wannabe.

It has styling cues that make it look like a Camaro, but if you put it side-by-side with any previous generation Camaro, it does not look like any one of them.

They will not be laughed at for releasing it, as it has generated a lot of buzz. People want this car made.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I'm one of those people that hated to see it go and love to hear of the rebirth, but even the vette was out of commission for a while, I think. One day, if the price and power is right, I look forward to getting one after my kids get bigger...man, I sound old!
              2006 liquid silver sedan w/6CD, sunroof & remote start; Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/55/16; Llumar 15% all around; DocSpeed stg 3; JET Powr-Flo MAF sensor; rear Monroe Maxair shocks; GM STB; Redline Quicklifts; Mobil 1 plaque, SS badge, GMPD plaque, grafx 'G6' hmsl & chrome emblem overlays; high flow cat back w/flowmaster 40; Low & Fog 5300K McCulloch HIDs; Kicker 12" SL5 with a RF bd1000 & 1 farad cap; hardwired Passport 8500 x50 blue & G-Timer GT2

Comment

Originally posted by jsholli
                I'm one of those people that hated to see it go and love to hear of the rebirth, but even the vette was out of commission for a while, I think. One day, if the price and power is right, I look forward to getting one after my kids get bigger...man, I sound old!
                there has only been one model year since it's birth in 1953 that the corvette was not in production.

Comment

ok i stand corrected....they technically were produced, just never sold to the public...

"A total of 43 - 1983 model Corvettes were built, but there were so many quality problems with them it was decided to halt production until they could be corrected. By the time the problems were corrected, it was so late into the model year that the car was brought out as a 1984 model which was run for a year and a half. The 1983's were never sold to the public and the only one that is known to still exist is in the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY"

edit: the '83-'84 debacle was the first year of the 'C4' corvette.

Comment

from what I heard about the camaro program is that GM said they will make it if they have people trying to order them from there dealerships and sho alot of intrest. They said they want to sell a min of 100K a year before they would make it, if they cant sell atleast 100K a year then the camaro will remain a concept.
                    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                    Gotta have it Green color
                    Brembo brake package
                    420 HP 5.0L
                    Ford Racing Power Pack
                    GT500 track pack differential cover
                    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

^That's almost what they said.

They have said that they are moving forwards as if it was an approved program, even though it isn't. The word is that they are pretty sure that it will be approved, and they will need to sell 100k units a year. Obviously, if they are moving forward with the development without approval, they have a good business case for selling more than 100k a year.

One thing to note, there were very few years that the f-body predecessor cars sold less than 100k a year. Most years, Camaro sold at least 70k, while Firebird sold 40-50k. This was at the END of the f-body program!

When the 4th gen body style came out in 1993, they sold over 300k, and Camaro outsold Mustang.

sigpic

Comment

yup, right from the man's mouth:

Lutz: "While the current Mustang and concept Challenger are very nice cars, I honestly think this goes beyond that. I like both of those cars, but they don't really break any new ground aesthetically. They are very close to the original car. Maybe that is a good thing, but we elected not to do that. We elected to do a thoroughly new car with totally new surfaces that doesn't just make the same statement of the old car again, but in fact, makes a new statement while capturing all of the spirit and essence of the original cars."
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Lutz is da man!!!!!

Lutz = innovation.

and I think that was the word he was looking for.
                          Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

well if the camaro looks anything like the concept version the only spirit it will be capturing is going to be the spirit of ugly. they really need to redeisgn the outside of that thing to be at all apealing to me. i know the camaro fanboys all love it, and i love me some camaros too, but that thing was just stupid looking.

Comment

While you're sitting there hating it, at least 100,000 of them will be sold in the first year. I'm going to get one.

It is one of those love it or hate it cars, though, so I do see your point.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X