Opinions on Springtech vs H&R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Springtech vs H&R

I have heard springtech mentioned in the CM thread, but no one had anything to say about them. Are they respected as a quality company with quality products? I spotted an auction on eBay that ends soon for some springs for $110 with $35 in shipping~a good buy IMO, but I want more info on them. Also, the tire rack has H&Rs for $224; would the name and a slightly higher back end ride be worth it for the H&Rs?

Springtech auction 8069721933:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... %26fvi%3D1
    H&R at tire rack:
    http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/susp ... perfCode=S
    2006 liquid silver sedan w/6CD, sunroof & remote start; Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/55/16; Llumar 15% all around; DocSpeed stg 3; JET Powr-Flo MAF sensor; rear Monroe Maxair shocks; GM STB; Redline Quicklifts; Mobil 1 plaque, SS badge, GMPD plaque, grafx 'G6' hmsl & chrome emblem overlays; high flow cat back w/flowmaster 40; Low & Fog 5300K McCulloch HIDs; Kicker 12" SL5 with a RF bd1000 & 1 farad cap; hardwired Passport 8500 x50 blue & G-Timer GT2

Re: Opinions on Springtech vs H&R

Originally posted by jsholli
    I have heard springtech mentioned in the CM thread, but no one had anything to say about them. Are they respected as a quality company with quality products? I spotted an auction on eBay that ends soon for some springs for $110 with $35 in shipping~a good buy IMO, but I want more info on them. Also, the tire rack has H&Rs for $224; would the name and a slightly higher back end ride be worth it for the H&Rs?
    Springtech springs are of good quality, but H&R springs are better. The problem is, H&R springs are not available and there is no estimated date of availablity. I have CM springs on my car and they are very good.
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

also, in the mail

I'm too much of a cheapskate, I guess, and WAY too impatient to wait around for H&R...I placed a bid on the springtech set on eBay, and the seller ended the auction for me ?? So, good or bad, I'll be able to vouch for springtech in a little while---to be continued...
      2006 liquid silver sedan w/6CD, sunroof & remote start; Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/55/16; Llumar 15% all around; DocSpeed stg 3; JET Powr-Flo MAF sensor; rear Monroe Maxair shocks; GM STB; Redline Quicklifts; Mobil 1 plaque, SS badge, GMPD plaque, grafx 'G6' hmsl & chrome emblem overlays; high flow cat back w/flowmaster 40; Low & Fog 5300K McCulloch HIDs; Kicker 12" SL5 with a RF bd1000 & 1 farad cap; hardwired Passport 8500 x50 blue & G-Timer GT2

Comment

Well,a 1.75" all around CM springs drop looks like this:

Forge Motorsports BPV
        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

SHOW OFF!!! Man... that MF looks bad ass

-2005 GT
          -GT-R Exhaust
          -Dr Speed Stage 3 CAI
          -Eibach Lowering Springs
          -18" ASA JS5 on Sumitomo HTR+
          -20% Window Tint
          -Vector Motorsport Tune

Comment

is the rear suspension in the GTP coupes the same as the Sedans?

Comment

Originally posted by Kman

Just curious but is the back tire gap look uneven becuase of the angle you took the pic or is it a little more gap in the back. It looks good ether way. Just curious.
              Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe--Strut Brace is all I have for now. More to come!

Comment

^ YEs.

Kcikass.. but the rear appears to sit lower than the front... almost TOO low.

Regardless.. car needs th drop anyways to improve handling.
                Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

good to know. i don't think it sits too low (i think with a sedan it wouldn't look like it sits too low) i just don't like how the rear tires look like they are sucked so far forward.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                    good to know. i don't think it sits too low (i think with a sedan it wouldn't look like it sits too low) i just don't like how the rear tires look like they are sucked so far forward.

Agreed. But I could get over it becuase I really like the stance with it lowered. Maybe less drop in the back.
                    Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe--Strut Brace is all I have for now. More to come!

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeG6

Agreed. But I could get over it becuase I really like the stance with it lowered. Maybe less drop in the back.
                      I agree. Maybe like 1/2-3/4" higher in back? But it might look different in person. Could be the angle.
                      ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

is the rear suspension in the GTP coupes the same as the Sedans?
                        It is the same. There is less wheel gap on the sedan.
                        Forge Motorsports BPV
                        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeG6
                          Originally posted by Kman

Just curious but is the back tire gap look uneven becuase of the angle you took the pic or is it a little more gap in the back. It looks good ether way. Just curious.
                          There was more wheel gap in the front, than the rear(see above for comparison). An even drop,like this,will have the back sit slightly lower. Also, the alignment required the the rear wheel toed out a bit, that gives the rear wheels a 'tucked-in' look.
                          Forge Motorsports BPV
                          CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                          HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

Also, Kman, I certainly agree that your drop looks awesome!

I measeured the tire gap that I had yesterday; looked like 2" up front and ~1.5" in back But, to me, it looks like the sedans have their tail in the air already...and most suspension travel will likely occur up front where the weight is, so I went for the even drop. I didn't really want to look like a hot wheels car ---if so, I could just drop the front and leave the back at the stock height!

My springs ship out today and my wife's bro has offered to help me shade-tree them on since every other shop I talked to wouldn't do it. The ones that would wanted BIG bucks to install 'em. $400 was the high quote and a reluctant $208 was the low one

Registered for a free pic posting site, so I should be able to include before and afters...man, now I gotta shine my car up after seeing all the gorgeous rides you guys post!

Comment

Originally posted by jsholli
                              Also, Kman, I certainly agree that your drop looks awesome!

I measeured the tire gap that I had yesterday; looked like 2" up front and ~1.5" in back But, to me, it looks like the sedans have their tail in the air already...and most suspension travel will likely occur up front where the weight is, so I went for the even drop. I didn't really want to look like a hot wheels car ---if so, I could just drop the front and leave the back at the stock height!

Registered for a free pic posting site, so I should be able to include before and afters...man, now I gotta shine my car up after seeing all the gorgeous rides you guys post!
                              Thanks, Bro. Looking forward to seeing the pics, when all is done.
                              Forge Motorsports BPV
                              CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                              HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

Working...
                              X