alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternator

has anyone had trouble with alternator? my 06 has 21000ish miles on it and the battery just went dead on me twice in the past couple of days...i bought a new battery (its under warranty, so why not) but im not sure if its something more than the battery, like the alternator. the guy at advanced auto parts didnt seem to know what he was doing...
    You're doing it all wrong...you gotta cup the balls, relax the jaw...

I have noticed that our Factory battery does not have much of a reserve on it. I also thought maybe there could be a problem with the alternator, but I could find nothing wrong. So what i did was i went out and bought an Interstate Mega-tron plus battery. It wasnt a perfect fit, but i made it work in the factory battery tray. Have not had a problem since.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

If you think it's your alternator many places will test it for free. I'm sure the dealer would also. If the battery wasn't the problem.

Comment

Most of us with amps and aftermarket sound systems should find out soon enough if the alternators are weak..
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
        X