Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STEERING ISSUE UPDATE!! READ FOR INFO!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEERING ISSUE UPDATE!! READ FOR INFO!!!

well

if any of you remember i have had some continuous problems with my steering, clunking and the whole nine yards. So I dropped it off with 400 miles left on my warranty haha. But apparently the steering rack has been redesigned three times since 05. And serious problems can occur. Now if your warranty is getting to that mileage and have some minimal problems its best to have it checked out now. because thats an expensive fix if its not under warranty. But if you get it noted by the dealer now, your mileage wont matter and they will order the part, as the new one just recently came out. so passing this along to number of you.

and as for my power loss i noted before, one of my o2 sensors was sending a lean signal out when it should not have. so that answers that. i am going to see about them fixing my other stuff too. They said my hard shifting tranny was fine, however its not enough for me because in tap shift mode, its way to jerky, and when you tap it into 3rd, idepedning on speed or whatever but lets say i shift into third and it dropps to like 3k, a few seconds later it will drop to 2k, not sure why exactly yet...but its all i have for info right now on my car. Just getting married and all has drained me so i have not done anything else to my car, she wants me to finish the bmw first =/ but once stage IV comes out for intakes i have to have it, not sure if i can sneak in that new exhaust i glanced at....but have a good one!!
    jeff
    05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
    90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
    1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
    F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

Good to know, I was wondering what they were doing to correct this issue

For your RPM problem...
    Is it an automatic??? If it is then the RPM problem could be a bad torque converter.

You said you tap into gear so is it the geartronic? Could it be by design if its the geartronic tap??? Not sure but ask others with the geartronic automatic.
    Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

I think that 3rd to 4th RPM drop is the result of my Variable Valve Timing. My GTP does the exact same thing if I'm still right around 40-45 and still accelerating when using the TapShift. If I start to level the throttle out around 40-45, the shift from 3rd to 4th is unnoticeable. Just wanting to let you know that you're not the only one with the RPM drop. I honestly think it's just how they were designed. However, the 3.5 liters don't have VVT do they?
      Black 2006 G6 GTP Coupe w/ Auto and an AEM Dryflow Filter to MAF Intake Setup. Best $53.70 I ever spent on a car! No re-oiling either... Also running Mobil1!

Comment

Originally posted by 3900lly
        However, the 3.5 liters don't have VVT do they?
        i have read that the 3900 has the VVT, i have been looking for info on it for the 3500 and have yet to come up with anything about it on mine.

I have however read that a supercharger for the 3900 is coming out in august on tuningnews.com

shame shame, i should get the GTP four-door...
        05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)

Comment

Only the 2.4L Ecotec and the 3.9L V6 have VVT.

The 3.5L V6 does not.

Comment

Are you guys sure???

I found this, I don't know.
            Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

VVT is being introduced in the 2007 3500, which is a different engine from the 3400 based 3500 which was also in the Grand Am.

So now, the 2007 3500's will have VVT, but no one has them yet.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Except for the Impala. Which is right now has VVT. And is Flexfuel capable.

But our 3500's don't till 07 like ^ mentioned.

Comment

Well, I was talking about the G6/Malibu. The Impala gets all the goods first > 3500vvt, 3900 w/AFM...

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

does anyone of specs of the new 3500VVT i would like to see the differences
                    :warped:

Comment

Here's the specs on the '07 3.5L

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/pontiac_ ... 2s8F?p=all
                      2006 G6 Sedan...V6, K/N Filter, SS Magnaflow exhaust tip, SS Magnaflow 4" round.

Comment

Working...
                      X