Engine Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Swap

Would it be possible to do a engine swap on the g6? For example say put a Cts motor or a Impala in as a swap.

Re: Engine Swap

if you got the cash anything is possible...

now...easy? i wouldnt say swapping any engine except another g6 engine would be 'easy', and you would need to get one that bolts up directly to your tranny...

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

take then LS4 from the GP and put the motor and the HD trans in it. cost you about 3000 if you find a good price on the motor/trans. not including install and making the engine mounts work. and you need to see how much space there is if it will even fit. you'll almost certainly need to relocat the battery location to the trunk. a lot of engine on ebay have the wiring harness and ECM and everything with it.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
      Show
      -20% tint
      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

you would also want to find stiffer front springs or lower your back end... that engine/tranny weighs a couple hundred more pounds... but that would be a badass swap

Comment

Like the guys said, it's possible to do anything. You need to do a lot of research n ask a million questions before you even consider it tho, imo.
          I'm doing either a 2001 327 v8 or 1960s 327 v8 in my 86 camaro. Not direct-swap-easy, but it's possible, with time, money and patience.
          Same with your car. You can drop any motor in there ya want. It just depends on:
          how much you want to spend
          how much you want to modify your car
          how functional you want it
          how much time you can be without your car

I'm sure i'm leavin a factor or two out, but, you get my drift.

Originally posted by acxdarlene
          no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

been mentioned many times.....

1st. Materials needed, labor ect WILL cost atleast 12-15K for an engine swap. Back in the "easier" days from a ford mustang 3.8L to a 5.0L HO average cost was 10K dollars for an engine swap about 3-4yrs ago. G6 with all the extra computer junk and wiring harnesses, easily 12-15K your at.

Its not feasable on anymore on modern cars to do an engine swap. If you cant mod the car to make you happy, best thing is to traded it and get another car that you will be happy with.
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

^ ^

I think it'll be alot easier to do in the 86 camaro.
              I put a 350 into my old 87 firebird. Almost all Summit Racing.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
                ^ ^

I think it'll be alot easier to do in the 86 camaro.
                I put a 350 into my old 87 firebird. Almost all Summit Racing.
                Did you carberate it or fuel inject it? Caberating it takes about 2-3K off the price I said above, but then wont pass inspection in NJ

2013 Mustang GT
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

It was carbeurated. Good ole Jersy and their inspections.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                  Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

you have inspections on cars manufactured in 1987?!?!

Comment

Are you asking Dre?
                      Florida doesn't have any inspections.

Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

Comment

yea mine will be pretty easy. hardly any computer stuff.

G6Rider, the search feature is going to become a good friend of yours. This has been discussed many many many times.
                        Dre made a great point that if you want to spend that much, you'd be better of going buy another car, cause you're going to spend almost that much.
                        And, coming from experience, once you goof with the computer, the car isn't the same. Your best bet is to keep your engine and be happy you have a great car, or go buy a nice used cts, honestly.

Originally posted by acxdarlene
                        no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

Originally posted by CjLink
                          you have inspections on cars manufactured in 1987?!?!

All cars must do inspections on no matter the years. When they pop the hood and that year said no carberator on it and it does HUGE fines even if in emition guidelines. And NJ has random DMV gas inspections from time to time, they mostly target the older cars. I had an 86 t-bird and was going to drop a 5.0L HO but had to be EFI because didnt come carberated that year, but could order the mustang 5.0L (the eairly 86s) with carberators still so was ok for a mustang but not a cogaur or t-bird with the 5.0L

2013 Mustang GT
                          Brembo brake package
                          420 HP 5.0L
                          Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

wow that's ridiculous... i thought california was bad, well california is still horrible, but still

Comment

in PA anything 20 years or older does not need an inspection. I found this out because, my coworker bought a 77 TA with a 455 and straight pipes he went to a muffler shop to have compliant exhaust put on it and the shop owner told not to waste his time, since he needed no inspection due to the age of his car.

but i have NJ is murderous with inspections

AJ
                              De-Badged, Tinted Tails 3rd Brake Light
                              Custom Painted Interior, Engine/Battery Covers
                              Custom Intake, Racingline MM, Black Upper Grills
                              My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

Working...
                              X