Addco rear sway bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addco rear sway bar

There has been some concern about contact between the lower control arm and the links from the bar. If you're having contact issues, please rotate the bar 180 degrees and reinstall, that should clear up your issues.

Brand: Addco
    Price: ~$200 retail, I was a test vehicle so don't really know
    Purchased From: Addco, John at 800-338-7015
    Part#: 2405, in stock by the end of next week

Installation: Involved
    Installation Time: They did it for me, but probably 2-3 hours depending on how much of a hurry you're in.
    Any Installation Tips You Have: You have to drop the exhaust and lower control arms to get the stock bar out. The engineer said it was a major pain, and coming from a guy who does it every day I believe him. I'd have taken it to a shop to get it done probably, I just don't have the facilities accessible every day to do something like that.

Quality of Part: 10 - Nice finish, looks great, fits perfectly
    Product Performance: 10 - This thing will turn on a dime now, improved cornering 200%
    Would you Recommend to Others: If you do more than drag, absolutely.

Any Other Comments: (posted from sway bar thread) I've put over five hours of driving on the car today alone, including 30+ minutes of twisties down 181 from Linville (which, by the way, is the most bitchin' road in the state of NC). This thing is really tight, and carved a mean line down the mountain. I can't even begin to fathom what this thing is gonna do when I put some new springs and wider tires on. The steering is a lot tighter to the feel during normal driving, but even with lots of road time today I didn't have any issues with fatigue over the normal amount.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Re: Addco rear sway bar

Addco contact info??

Did it just stiffen it up? more bumpy in back??
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

The bar should be entering production in a few weeks now that the design has been finalized. Contact info is John at 800-338-7015. It did stiffen things up a bit in the back - I have a speed bump going into my apartment complex and if I take it sideways I notice a little more jerking than usual, but not unbearable in the slightest.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

sweet shit... looks like it'll be a pain in the ass to install but it sure would be nice to get...

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

Not to burst any bubble here but, are you sure that the use of stiffer bushings may have compromised your results...ie, stiffer bushing with stock bar vs. addco bar with stock oem replacements bushings

I am not saying that the bar does not work, I just want that stiffer bushings will also have the same feeling as a aftermarket bar but in the end a stiffer and/or bigger bar will work better overall than bushing alone.

Now to your review...

Does reduces bodyroll?
          Any harshness over uneven surfaces?
          any weird noises after install?

Anyway.....good job!!!

Comment

Some data mjf posted in the sway bar thread:

Originally posted by mjf6175
            For those questioning the differences between the ADDCO bar and the stock bar, the following email is from the ADDCO engineer. The first bar is the stock G6 bar (non-GT): The second bar is the bar off Wormhole's Malibu SS ( I believe this one is the same or VERY close to the GT bar): and finally the ADDCO bar:

Mike, I have your numbers…..

Factory bar diameter = ¾” spring rate =125lbs per inch

Dan’s factory bar diameter = 13/16” spring rate= 171lbs per inch

Addco bar diameter = 7/8” spring rate =502 lbs per inch
            Yes, stiffer bushings would have made a difference straight up, maybe pushing the rate up above 210, but still would lose hands down to the new one.

As to your other questions, yes, it reduced body roll around corners. It feels solid and tight, the tires are really the weak point now. As stated above, there's a little bit of a weird feeling the first time you go over some speed bumps, but I've already gotten used to it. I take them slow anyway, I could already bottom out on the bump stops without trying too hard. I had some odd noises on the way back from the shop, but they turned out to be the stock bar they left in the trunk sliding around

Comment

edit: moot point, install error.

Comment

interesting, nice review!
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I love these on my Stealths. Tightens up the ride and handling, and lowers about an inch.

ominousone

Comment

Thread revival...

Where can you get one of these? I can't find Addco's catalog (page error), and other car parts sites don't show a sway bar for the G6. Thank you.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

again is this larger then the one on the GTP or GXP?

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                      Originally posted by ahuhn
                      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

it is.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Is there any stiffer bushings out there yet for the 6 for the stock bars?
                          2006 "Silver Bullet" V6 Sedan
                          Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

there catalog page does not work, for me anyway and I tired about 2weeks ago also and still error, are they dead?

Maybe these are universal?, I know for sure they aren't long enough for the front cause those are like 14" long give or take

PS3 -Mischief24

Comment

the guy at addco told me that sku was for a jeep sway bar. lamesauceeee
                              '08 3.5 lz4
                              Custom fenderwell CAI
                              FIRST G6 TO USE COILOVERS
                              Megan Racing coilovers
                              Addco Rear Sway Bar
                              Racingline strut-bar installed
                              Racingline MMI's installed

Comment

Working...
                              X