Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror

Does anyone know how to disable the Auto-Dim function on the rear view mirror from coming on automatically? I find it rather annoying when I don't need it. I'd rather turn it on when I do, and have it open other times. It just seems to get too dark for my liking.
    30% tint front, 15% Tint Back

Mod Wishlist:
    CAI
    MPD Hood
    Exhaust
    ECM Tune

Re: Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror

I don't think you can disable the dimming feature. I know that the power button only turns the compass on and off. The power button is stupid and pointless if you ask me.

Comment

Hold the left power button down for a few seconds, until the little green light goes out. I use it all the time.

Comment

Really? That's awesome. I'll have to try it.

Comment

Yeah. I figured that one out. Unfortuneatly, I'd like to have it normally off, and then be able to turn it on when I want it. But maybe there isnt a way. Anyone have the wiring schematic for the On-star style auto-dim mirror? Maybe I can figure it out.
          30% tint front, 15% Tint Back

Mod Wishlist:
          CAI
          MPD Hood
          Exhaust
          ECM Tune

Comment

I've never wired one of these, but couldn't you just put a rocker switch or button type switch somewhere along the power wire(whereever you ran it to?). Just mount the button somewhere convenient, then you could just decide to give it power or not.

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

Working...
            X