Steering wheel....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel....

I'm thinking about repainting my steering wheel accents (the gray parts around the steering wheel that hold the cruise control buttons) tonight, but I'm having a problem getting them off. Does anyone know how to do it? I thought they would just pop right out but I dont want to break anything.

turbo G6
    GA gt

Pontiact STL meet

V6

Re: Steering wheel....

It's been talked about and several people have done it.
    Let me see if I can find it.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Ive done it.

I didnt see a pretty please in there anywhere.
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Pretty please oh great one.
        Current: Kicker L7 12" with Sundown Amp, DrS CAB, GT-R Exhaust, 93 VMS ECU, red LED interior, 20% tint all around, blinging wheels, Red Calipers, tinted tails, angel eyes, 8000k HIDs, Eibachs Pro Springs, MPD Hood, custom mounted front door speakers

August East Coast Meet Thread

Comment

You need to pull your airbag off.
          Then each side is held on by one torx bolt.

You can see it here:

Once you remove that then flip them over and you can remove the controls from the housing.
          Looks like five catches your going to have to unseat to pull the module.

There is already a how to on the airbag removal. This wont take you long to remove.

MODS:

Comment

Thank you!!!!! You are awesome!

turbo G6
            GA gt

Pontiact STL meet

V6

Comment

Originally posted by bainecotec
              Thank you!!!!! You are awesome!
              my next project

Comment

I found the post! It was Lampoon and..........it's right here, in this thread cause Pooners is on the ball.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

looks like a decent mod - cheap and nice looking..one question, might be a dumb one, but the dumbest question is the one not asked...is there any way of the airbag deploying during removal? I know there are sensors n stuff everywhere..should we be removing the negative terminal from the battery prior to removing the airbag??

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
                  - JL 1000.1 Amp
                  - JL 12" W7
                  - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Comment

Please review #1:

Also you will need to pry on these tabs and rock the module up and out.
                    Just pry enough on the tab to clear the ctach as you dont want to break them.

This picture was done in an attempt to ask for direction but I receoved no replies but it
                    is accurate to show tab placment. Those are the MANY tabs. My guess is that pontiac didnt want people
                    who mash hard on the controls to push them out the bottom of the housing so they put
                    a freeking ton of tabs on it. I got mine out though and you can too. After painting the module snaps
                    back in...but again...due to the many tabs you have to be careful.

MODS:

Comment

Working...
                    X