Me vs. a 300C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me vs. a 300C

So I was driving with my brother tonight to get some food, and a guy in a 300C lined up next to me at a red. He opened the window and asked if I wanted to run. I said sure, and as the light turned green I suddenly remembered that the traction control was on.

I wasted some time hitting the button, and the 300 took off. I tried my best to catch up, but I could not. He wasn't pulling that hard on me until we got past 120km/h. At that point, he made me look stupid.

Anyway, he broke off at 140km/h, and slowed down. I gave him a thumbs up and we cruised a little bit doing 60km/h. I needed to turn soon, but I decided to try him from a rolling start, so I yelled over and asked if he wanted to try again.

Anyway, I got a slight head start this time, and it took him a little while to catch up, but he DID catch up. I lost again.

I'm pretty sure that it was an SRT-8, because it did NOT sound like a family car. It was way too dark for me to catch the badges.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

If it was it doesn't surprise me, those things are damn quick. Although I killed one before, but I was on my bike hey it was his idea.

Comment

yea the 3.5 HO its close to us doing 0-60 in low 7's and like a mid 15.5, so if you go off on a bad jump ect, it could be a 3.5L. But if it didnt sound quiet prob was a SRT-8
      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
      Gotta have it Green color
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack
      GT500 track pack differential cover
      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

There is no way it was a 3.5. At the bare minimum it was a regular C. I still think it was an SRT-8, though.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

don't worry those 300s are all over the place, at least your coupe is rare!
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

^Very true! Thats why I love my coupe, its rare either way, if you lost, screw if its a 3.5L.... it must have been a SRT-8 to beat you and thats what I say!
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I know it wasn't a 3.5. They can not hold their own against a GTP M6.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, they really can't.

Comment

The regular C's have a 5.7L in them, the SRT-8's have a 6.1L, Soundls like you ran a regular C, nice run anyways.
                  2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                  334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Nice!! It's cool to find people to run who aren't jerks!! He seemed like a grounded person just lookin to have fun like you

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Oh yeah. There was nothing cocky about him. He was surprised that I wanted to run again. But I think he realised that I got a bad launch the first time.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HottG6Mama
                        Nice!! It's cool to find people to run who aren't jerks!! He seemed like a grounded person just lookin to have fun like you
                        Yeah, almost everbody down here that WILL run with you are total A-holes. It would be nice to find some decent folks who don't care who loses or wins that much...heck, I used to hail vettes back in college with my 5.0L '85 El Camino just to see 'em run---I knew I'd never beat them, but I enjoyed it anyway -my wife didn't and still doesn't understand! Now everybody thinks I'm in a GTO or something and won't even play~stinkin' flowmaster 40 and SS badge I love it!!!
                        2006 liquid silver sedan w/6CD, sunroof & remote start; Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/55/16; Llumar 15% all around; DocSpeed stg 3; JET Powr-Flo MAF sensor; rear Monroe Maxair shocks; GM STB; Redline Quicklifts; Mobil 1 plaque, SS badge, GMPD plaque, grafx 'G6' hmsl & chrome emblem overlays; high flow cat back w/flowmaster 40; Low & Fog 5300K McCulloch HIDs; Kicker 12" SL5 with a RF bd1000 & 1 farad cap; hardwired Passport 8500 x50 blue & G-Timer GT2

Comment

R&T pegged the SRT8 at 4.9 seconds to 60, and the 300C at 5.6 (Chrysler claims 6.3)

I think you'd be able to tell an SRT8, those things sound mean.

(I know i keep using R&T times when I post, but I figure I'll at least keep it consistent, its more about comparison than actual times anyway I figure)
                          Originally posted by colinpeddle
                          They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                          That here, by G6er law, we lie
                          Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                          THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

WTF are these.. "KM/H," boy?? Are you speaking chineese or somethin'?

Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                            2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                            w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                              There is no way it was a 3.5. At the bare minimum it was a regular C. I still think it was an SRT-8, though.
                              SRT-8 is VERY distinguished from regualr Hemi C's. Also... you'd NEVER even seen his rear if he was racing you.. That car is EASILY 2 seconds faster in the quarter. PLus, they sound like they're ripping balls off and chewing them up when accelerating.. not like the the regualr 5.7 300's that have a non-tuned exhaust system... and 100 less hp.
                              Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                              2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                              w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Working...
                              X