Ripped off by Wheelfix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripped off by Wheelfix

Well what happened is one of my wheel was bent and my car started wobbling. So I went to look for places to fix it, and stumbled upon Wheelfix. Some other forums said the guys were OK, so I mailed them for a quote.

The lady came in, I took my wheel off and showed it to her, she said it was minor and should only cost around 80 something bucks to fix it. And she somewhat promised me over a weekend and a day-ish to get it fixed. OK, fine, so I gave her the wheel.

Two weeks passed, nothing from her, till this morning. Called me and said the wheel's fixed. But then she added, the wheel was cracked, and now it costs 220 instead of the 80 quoted. I was like I can get another wheel for that price. Then she said something about she can work a bit on the price, but it's doesn't seem much. And it seems they already did work to the wheel, and she's bringing the wheel back to me this afternoon, so it doesn't look like I can back out of this.

Just be careful with these guys...
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Re: Ripped off by Wheelfix

I would be pissed if I were you, they should have called to tell you that it would need more work. So demaned that you only pay $80 bucks or you will not pay at all. If they say that they will just keep your wheel then spend the $220 on a new. what do you have to lose.
    DONE: debadged, cold air intake, Crimson Crab, red painted calipers and black painted rotors, painted engine and battery cover, eyelids, black emblem overlays, 235/55R16 tires, Raceingline engine mounts, Raceingline strut tower brace, Black recessed upper grilles.

Comment

Pretty sure they can't charge you for work you didn't approve, at least that's how it works in the states
      '07 White G6 'vert - Debadged, tinted, K&N Typhoon Intake, painted calipers
      '83 Jeep CJ7 - Mostly custom
      '06 Subaru WRX STI - Stock

Comment

Dude, don't give in. Tell them they didn't ask you for my consent after they found out the repair was going to be more, but they chose to do it anyway, for whatever reason, so you won't be paying they extra cost they're tacking on because you didn't give them permission.
        Blue Man Group

Comment

with all the above.

Dont pay them! There is no way in hell i would pay for work i didnt approve. either pay 80 or nothing at all.
          Image Hosting

Comment

Exactly what these guys are saying, i'm pretty sure you do not have to pay for work you didn't approve of, they can't do that.

they'll try and get you to pay blah blah blah but just keep reminding them that they never informed you of extra work.

dont pay it!!
            18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Originally posted by Swampassjr
              Exactly what these guys are saying, i'm pretty sure you do not have to pay for work you didn't approve of, they can't do that.

they'll try and get you to pay blah blah blah but just keep reminding them that they never informed you of extra work.

dont pay it!!

Comment

In Ontario, if you had a written estimate, they are not allowed to go over that estimate by more than 10% without your prior approval.

So if the original quote was in writing and you have a copy, pay them $88 plus tax and tell them that they are not allowed to charge more than that.

Here's some linkage for you: http://www.gov.on.ca/MGS/en/ConsProt/STEL02_045947.html

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Ah, see that's the thing, I didn't know that. The quote was verbal, didn't really record it either.

I negotiated it down to 130, and got my wheel back.

Lesson learned.
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!
                  2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

I know if it was me i would be sending her back with the wheel. I bet they cracked the wheel just so they could weld it and charge you that crazy price.
                    2009 Panther Black Metallic Pontiac G8

Comment

Also in the link:

All shops are required to give a written estimate unless you specifically say otherwise to them.

sigpic
                      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Yeah man thats illegal, next time get written estimate so if you get taken to court or something you got your back. Happened to me with Capital One and a "fixed rate" credit card and I brought them down.

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                        G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle
                            A quote is a quote, don't really matter if it is verbal, just harder to prove.

if they are trying to make you pay the 220, tell them they can fudge off and you'll pay 80 and if they won't give it back to you tell them you're going to contact the BBB and go from there. It's their own fault for misquoting you and misrepresenting their price on the job, not yours, you don't pay for it. Plain and simple.
                            nicely said...in court verbal and written agreements are worth the exact same, so people believe verbal dont hold any water but as said harder to prove, so if the other party lies that there was no verbal agreement its judges pick who to side with
                            what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

So by means, maybe I should file with the CCBBB?
                              <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Working...
                              X