Door reflectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door reflectors

ok I DID search, and nothing came up on what I am thinking of doing, so here we go.

I am as of yet deathly afraid to pull off my doors though i know it is inevitable. Heres my question.

What is behind the reflectors in the door?

I am thinking of either:

A: getting schenko's pontiac logo overlays, and lighting them up somehow, or...

B: Mounting tweeters in them, or..... and I just thought of this.....

C: Mounting a component set in the rear doors using the reflectors for the tweeters, AND putting the arrow overlays in the front doors and illuminating them.

Any of this seem feasible??

AJ
    De-Badged, Tinted Tails 3rd Brake Light
    Custom Painted Interior, Engine/Battery Covers
    Custom Intake, Racingline MM, Black Upper Grills
    My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Re: Door reflectors

What I was always thinking of was wiring some sort of LED behind those reflectors or replacing the reflectors with an actual light of some sort... and tying it into the automatic light circuit that has the lights come on when you open the door. To much work for me though
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Id say go with choice "a". Schenko's overlays for the door reflector would look really good. And if you could find a way to illuminate them, that would look even better!

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
      Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

My buddy wants me to do it so when you open the doors, there is a red strobe thats starts flashing, but that may be a little overboard.

Likewise, hes made custom saturn badges, for his Vue RL, that makes the red in the logo light up red, and the word saturn, and the rings light up in white. maybe I should have him do that for the doors cuz that might actually be sweet.

AJ
        My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

Originally posted by ajnjennsg6
          My buddy wants me to do it so when you open the doors, there is a red strobe thats starts flashing, but that may be a little overboard.

Likewise, hes made custom saturn badges, for his Vue RL, that makes the red in the logo light up red, and the word saturn, and the rings light up in white. maybe I should have him do that for the doors cuz that might actually be sweet.

AJ
          I agree. This would definitly be a real eye catcher when the door is opened. And if your friend has done it before with his car, then you should have him help you. Id say go for it!

Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

Originally posted by jgarcia05
            Originally posted by ajnjennsg6

AJ
            I agree. This would definitly be a real eye catcher when the door is opened. And if your friend has done it before with his car, then you should have him help you. Id say go for it!

I was thinking that but I didnt wanna be to ricer, ya know.

Now depending on how black schenkos overlays are, it might look hella cool with just the arrowhead flashing

Now if I only had money

AJ

Comment

I want to light up the reflectors too. I already have the overlays. It shouldn't be that hard, if you know what you are doing. I say give option a a shot.
              Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
              - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
              - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

would be kinda hard when the overlays are black tape opcorn:
                sigpic
                Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
                It takes years to become a member of this elite group
                K&N CAI, Preformance Exhaust GM, Custom Grill GM other mods coming this spring. Ground Effects Kit color coded Black

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer

its vinyl, not tape. there is a big difference between the 2. please dont make comments like this

and you can still get light thru them

Comment

Overlays ftw.
                    Here's a thought..........

Nikkis awsome

Originally posted by acxdarlene
                    no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

Some kind of light would be pretty cool. I think a speaker would be next to useless because of where those reflectors are located.

Comment

Originally posted by 08blackgt
                        Overlays ftw.
                        Here's a thought..........

Nikkis awsome
                        Damn, see, the overlays look sweet! You really should give lighting them up a shot! And I don't think it would look rice at all.

Comment

TY
                          I'm thinking about trying that, but the 6 is kinda back burner at the moment, mod wise.

Besides, I've never been good at wiring and lighting, so I'd have to call in someone to come help

Originally posted by acxdarlene
                          no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                            Originally posted by Oldtimer

its vinyl, not tape. there is a big difference between the 2. please dont make comments like this

and you can still get light thru them
                            I figured if they were black tape they wouldnt be promo'd as vinly overlays. Besides I have like 10 miles worth of black tape, and I wouldnt need schenko. But i do need her, so when i get somemore money from selling my comics, I will a number of her products and go from there. I have lights, led's and strobe laying around still from when i had my 180, so that shouldnt be much of a hassle either.

Thanks for all the input/help guys! you all ROCK!!

AJ

Comment

Ps i don't think I saw it mentioned but there is nothing behind them but Styrofoam around the edges. its just a hole.
                              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Working...
                              X