glazed headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glazed headlights

My headlights have a look to them like they are foggy on the outside. I rubbed them with a little wax and it made a difference. I'm just trying to figure out what would have caused this. Something the dealership used on them?

i tried to take pictures but you can't see what it looks like in the pictures.

I used Carnu-B wax to remove it. http://carnu-bwax.com/eng_products.htm

has any one else had this problem or has any one else used this stuff? Any one know if it's a decent product? We bought it at a fair last year in one of the vendor booths

Re: glazed headlights

that is normal for headlights that have the clear lenses like our headlights do.

They get like that over time just from the outside elements and it shows much more than older headlights that have those ridges in em (which is why those look yellow instead of foggy).

They sell "restoration" kits for things like that at any auto parts store and sometimes just a good waxing helps clear it up.

Comment

Originally posted by HotG6GTP
      that is normal for headlights that have the clear lenses like our headlights do.

They get like that over time just from the outside elements and it shows much more than older headlights that have those ridges in em (which is why those look yellow instead of foggy).

They sell "restoration" kits for things like that at any auto parts store and sometimes just a good waxing helps clear it up.

well this is more like my 6 got into something then them being fogged from the elements. its kinda greasy

Comment

uuhh huuuuh...lol

same answer already lol....the "elements" vary from town to town and depending on polution and what not depends on the texture...when i lived at the beach it was more of a grimey feel...living here where i am now...its more of a sticky feel (not actually sticky enough for things to stick to it if that makes sense lol)....as stated...same answer as above lol

Comment

Rub them down with rubbing alcohol, after if they are still hazy then use Plastx. Will fix it up in no time.

Comment

^ beat me to it. PlastX works great.

Comment

^Beat me to agreeing

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Working...
              X