How Do I Get Rid of Bug Stains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Get Rid of Bug Stains?

Not sure if this is the right category but My 6er is black and I have 100 002.5 bug stains on my front bumper. Of course I have tried a few different things such as scrubbing, but nothing has worked so far. As most would know the front bumper is plastic so this makes it a little more difficult.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: How Do I Get Rid of Bug Stains?

try a bug and tar remover(spray) its like $6 bucks at autozone..usually works
    A whole lot of mods and a freakin lesbo after me....
    Originally posted by 08blackgt
    hahaha i fukin love Darlene

Comment

to expensive...use soap/water and a dryer sheet. then wash afterwards. they take the bugs right off with little to no pressure

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
        to expensive...use soap/water and a dryer sheet. then wash afterwards. they take the bugs right off with little to no pressure
        mever heard of that-- good to know-- i will try it myself as well

Comment

Comment

it has been discussed many times in the wash/detail section....check it out sometime

Comment

Not dish detergent - that will strip the wax
              ? CRAB CAB Intake (Lampoon)
              ? GT-R Exhaust (GT-R)
              ? Kustom Dekalz Overlays (Schenko)
              ? Twin 12" JL W6-V2 subs ?
              ? Dynoed @ 207.4 WHP & 215.1 Ft-Lb

Comment

well until recently i had never even waxed my car-- i was going to have it professionally detailed but decided against it since it was too expensive-- so any and all tips that i find now on keeping my baby squeaky clean are great--this one included!!

thanks blue

"your my boy blue!"

Comment

Originally posted by HogTech
                  Not dish detergent - that will strip the wax

yeh i know. i wax when i use it

Comment

try usin baking soda and a wet cloth.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
                    Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
                    Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
                    -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

baking soda ftw! Someone told me to try that one time and it's incredible. The bugs just come off in a few swipes.

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

This also works well if SOMEBODY forgets to take gum out of their pants and you get gum on the inside of your dryer..

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
                        Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

A little elbow grease never hurt

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                          Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Depends if you are trying to move the actual bug gibs or the etching they leave behind. Bug remover works great, spray it on there and just let it sit for a couple minutes but don't let it dry. If you are trying to remove etching, then use a scratch remover.

Comment

I have a fail proof way that is better than all of these.

Don't drive at night . Yeah with me working 3-11 and the long drive to and from work, my car gets caked with bugs every night. It does get old.
                              Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
                              I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                              Originally posted by ahuhn
                              i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Working...
                              X