X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEM Dryflow Air Filter Part#21-2049DK

Brand: AEM
    Price: $53.70 which includes shipping
    Purchased From: Summit Racing (Summit Part# AVM-21-2049DK) No typo, its really AVM

Installation: Easy
    Installation Time: 20> minutes
    Installation Tips: Grab a 10mm socket and ratchet, T25 Torx screwdriver, and a flat-head screwdriver. Just have two heavy-duty draw ties handy to loop through the lower 10mm bolthole in order to keep your new filter from possibly bouncing around.

Quality of Part: Extremely durable construction that doesn't deform like the wire mesh of cotton/oiled filters. Plastic Inner-cage that supports the filter media with Urethane end-pieces rather than rubber. Built-in velocity stack for improved airflow. 3.5" inlet fits on MAF perfectly. 9" length of filter media makes for plenty of filter surface area and more air readily available to your engine. Synthetic filter media won't degrade over time.
    Product Performance: (rate 1-10) 10
    Would you Recommend to Others: Hells Yeah!

Additional Comments: I know it's a custom setup, but it fits perfectly and you can't beat the price for what you get. Immediate results, I couldn't be more pleased. Sound at idle is same as stock. A noticeable difference is felt when moving from a dead stop. The car will want to move with just a light tap of the gas, no hesitation. Throttle response picks up quite a bit. Putting the pedal to the floor lets you hear your 3900 scream across the powerband much quicker than before, granted I have the automatic GTP. My 6-spd comrades would probably benefit even more. So far I've already picked up .4 MPG after driving less than 30 miles, which includes some spirited driving along the way. 22.4 MPG on the DIC up from the 22 MPG I had been getting since resetting the ECON on Monday of this week. Best part of all... no re-oiling the filter. It's MAF and maintenance friendly!
    Black 2006 G6 GTP Coupe w/ Auto and an AEM Dryflow Filter to MAF Intake Setup. Best $53.70 I ever spent on a car! No re-oiling either... Also running Mobil1!

So you have had it for about two months, anything thing you have noticed or would like to have changed? Another thing, have you seen any product that sections off the fiter from the engine heat? I just orderd one and it should be here tomorrow..... thanks for teh review
    myspace.com/donaldlynd

Comment

Thanks for the post! :warped:

Do you have any pics of the filter installed? Can you post them?

Curious about fitment...did you need any additional pipes, clamps, other parts to make this mate to the MAF? If so, what did you use?
      SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
      Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
      CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
      Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

I haven't had any problems with the underhood temperatures of the G6 nor with water ingestion. These filters can absorb small water droplets and not think twice about it without any harm being done. The location of it makes it pretty much isolated from water outside of the car. Also, no extra parts are necessary. A clamp is provided with the filter from AEM. So long as you order the product # I listed, you will receive the correct 3.5" opening that will clamp directly to your MAF. I have pictures posted on my original thread about the filter. Just do a search for all of my posts. The pics should appear using that method.
        Black 2006 G6 GTP Coupe w/ Auto and an AEM Dryflow Filter to MAF Intake Setup. Best $53.70 I ever spent on a car! No re-oiling either... Also running Mobil1!

Comment

Working...
        X