To all the true bass head G6ers out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all the true bass head G6ers out there

If you have a hot system and you are getting some dimming then this is the place for you. lol. I have ohio gen working on getting some alts for us. I talked to gus and he said he is going to see what he can do. This is for the 3.5 with the 125 amp ac delco. I figure we will get 200 amps or maybe even more. Shibby. Add your second bat or a beast of a front bat plus the big 3 and you should be setting at 14.4 all day long. I will keep you posted. He will be calling me back in a few.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

outstanding. good work
    Originally posted by colinpeddle
    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
    That here, by G6er law, we lie
    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Good deal! I have already upgraded the battery to an Interstate Mega-Tron battery.. Was going to go with a Yellow top but the mega-tron had a better reserve and alot cheaper then a yellow top.
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Keep me posted on this, I get the dimming - getting so annoying. Whats the big 3?

Comment

Upgrading the big 3 electrical wires under the hood. 1) Battery negative to chassis 2) Alternator to battery positive 3) Engine to Chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
            Upgrading the big 3 electrical wires under the hood. 1) Battery negative to chassis 2) Alternator to battery positive 3) Engine to Chassis.
            This will probably fix your dimming. But the alt will make your electrical into a 14.4 volt beast. I have a 200 amp with an isolator on my truck and I am pulling close to 300 off my truck and I can sit at a stoplight and have her crunk and I have no dimming. The alt to fuse box wire is like a 10 guage wire or smaller. It looks like a remote wire or something. Thr big 3 is a must if you add any aftermarket electrical. Just do it and you will see what we are talking about. He hasent gotten back to me yet but I will give him a shout in the am to see what is up.
            You are an e-pimp.
            07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.

Comment

I know I ran the amp power off the fuse box. How would I go about ugrading the wires: 1) Battery negative to chassis 2) Alternator to battery positive 3) Engine to Chassis?? 10 guage a good size? Would just doing this without upping the alt help? One other thing: my system cuts out (turns off & back on again) sometimes while I'm driving. I definitely have some power issues because the HU turns on & off alot. Did you do all this to your G6 & did it help? Sorry about all the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cablestarman
                I know I ran the amp power off the fuse box. How would I go about ugrading the wires: 1) Battery negative to chassis 2) Alternator to battery positive 3) Engine to Chassis?? 10 guage a good size? Would just doing this without upping the alt help? One other thing: my system cuts out (turns off & back on again) sometimes while I'm driving. I definitely have some power issues because the HU turns on & off alot. Did you do all this to your G6 & did it help? Sorry about all the questions.
                are you running a converter? when you say that your power wire is ran off of the fuse box, are you referring to the post that holds the cable from battery to fuse box? And im thinking you are going to want a larger gage wire then 10 when replacing the grounds.
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

That will help with dimming, in some cases it will solve it but it depends on what you are pulling. What it helps with is the overall resistance of your entire electrical system. Usually the effects of the lower resistance:

1) Reduces/Reduced light dimming and smaller voltage drops.
                  2) Helps stablize the voltage and give you better current flow.
                  3) Less strain overall on the vehicle's charging system.

I wouldn't use 10 guage wire, stock is usually 12 or so. I would use at least 4 gauge wire. As for the Head Unit issue, it sounds like you have either a bad power connection or a bad ground.

Comment

How does it cut out? Is it when you hit bumps or is it when you are pulling som serious amperage? It could be a short in your deck. But odds are it it as my boy said. Probably the ground or power wire. Check it quick cuz you might fry her and you won't have any noise to play with. Other than that everything else was answered. Alt is the best way to strengthen your electrical. Along with the big 3. And a bat. The caps are just a bandaid for a bullet hole.
                    You are an e-pimp.

Comment

any one that has done that 3 wire change can u post a how to with pics please
                      My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

At first, my system seemed to cut out intermittently, but now I know it happens more when I have the air blowin & I crank up the volume. The head unit will just shut off and immediately turn back on again. If you could point me in the right direction for getting the cables for getting the big 3? Also, wouldn't this be called the big 4: 1) Battery negative to chassis 2) Alternator to battery positive 3) Engine to chassis 4) Alt to fuse box. Also, did anyone upagrade their battery yet? If anybody has any pics of this - that would be cool.

Comment

If you do the big 3 you need to use atleast 4 guage. It is a little thicker than aa batterys. And dont just buy the cheapest stuff you can find. Some companys just make their wires smaller and use a thicker shield to make you feel like you are getting what you need. I will post a how to for the big 3. As for your stuff shutting off. I would put some money on your stuff is pulling too much off your stock electrical. Some amps and decks just cant handle the fluctuation in power. I had the same issue with my truck. One thing you might want to try is to find a better ground for your amp. Honestly this might somve your problems. I am pulling 200 amps exrta off my stock electrical. I only get moderate dimming. Mostly with punchy bass. The alt is sbeing looked into by ohio gen. I will also contact high output alts also. They are up there too. I just like ohio better. You need to upgrade your wires under the hood even if you get a high output alt. The wire from the alt to the fuse box is about the size of the ink stick inside an ink pin. You know when you take a bic pen apart and there is the lil white thing in there. Yeah it is that small. Totaly retarded. My speaker wires are bigger. Getting a better battery will help too. I would stick a redtop under the hood and a yellow top in the back. I am going with a red under the hood and a kenetik 1400 in the back. I have both to use now. I just need to decide where I want to put the rear bat.
                          You are an e-pimp.

Comment

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3047 Here is the big 3 link.
                            You are an e-pimp.

Comment

is there a site that sells the power cable or could I just get some at radio shack?

Comment

Working...
                              X