Wheel Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Cleaning

I had a factory rotor rust out on me on the rear of my G6 (really...I can't believe it either...brake problems on a G6...that's crazy). I bought 4 brand new BrakePlanet Slotted and drilled rotors and 4 new sets of pads. Because the rust from the rotor also spread to the wheel, I also bought a new wheel to replace that one. The question is, when I replace all of the rotors and pads, I will have all the wheels off, and I want to clean the other 3 so that they look as good as the new one I bought. What product should I use to clean all the brake dust off of the wheels. These are the factory wheels on the 2006 Base G6 3.6L V6 with 16" wheels.

Thanks.

Re: Wheel Cleaning

Hey not sure if this would help or not. I use armorol wheel cleaner for mine. My GF has a G5 GT and the brake dust on that is horrible and the armorol does a great job on both cars.
    2009 Chevrolet Silverado 6.2L LTZ Ontario , Canada
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/387787...cab-miss-on-ca
    2009 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 6.2L 403hp V8**Current ride
    2007 Pontiac G6 V6 3.5L 224hp V6**Lease Return
    2004 Chevrolet Impala 3.4L 180hp V6**Traded
    1999 Dodge Intrepid SE 2.7L 200 hp V6** Traded
    1984 Toyota Cressida 2.8L 156 hp I6**Totaled
    "Drive carefully! Remember, it's not only a car that can be recalled by it's maker."

Comment

if it is actual rust and metal flakes you are gonna need to have plenty of time and some strong stuff. i just did this to mine, it will come off but it takes some man power. at least mine did of course it was really bad too

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
        if it is actual rust and metal flakes you are gonna need to have plenty of time and some strong stuff. i just did this to mine, it will come off but it takes some man power. at least mine did of course it was really bad too
        There's only one wheel with rust on it, and I bought a new wheel to replace it...I just want to make the other wheels (that do not have rust on them) look as good as the brand new wheel.

Comment

Try a wheel cleaner like Megs hot rims, should take it off no problem. Just don't let it dry on there. As long as it's only surfaced brake dust and minor rust.

Comment

Working...
          X