To plug or not to plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To plug or not to plug

I have a small puncture in my tire it is 1/2'' from the sidewall in the inner tread. CDN price to replace tire $306 including install and balance. Yikes
    Black '06 G6 GTP Coupe - Stock for now!

Isn't there some sort of warranty for that?

Comment

Plug it, as long as it isnt in the sidewall (which you say it is not) you shall have no problems and much cheaper then a new tire :smoke:
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

PLUG!
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Oh I thought it was in the sidewall... plugging it will be fine. Although I had a Kumho tire that got replaced due to a similiar issue.

Comment

I went to 4 shops and told them I am not getting a new tire here if I need one, and they all said new tire. It is just beside the edge of the tire and they cant do anything. So with new tire and installation and tax, the cheapest place totalled $346 ...and to top it off, no where has them in stock so it will be done Friday

Comment

That close to the sidewall it was prolly a good reason.

Comment

yeah a new tire is the way to go...as much as it sucks to shell out for a tire already. whatever you do don't use fix-a-flat or tire slime or any of that shit. i have seen that stuff eat the paint off the inside of rims, ruin tires and rims, and everything else. that stuff is shitty.

Comment

Wow... where are you quoting?

Last time I killed one tire with a pothole, $110 tire and $50 for a wheel, balancing included...
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!
                  2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                  2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                  Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Multiple GM dealers as well as a few tire shops and small shops. Yea on my old cars I got 2 tires for $150, however try quoting a P225 50R18 Goodyear Eagle LS2, lol not so cheap

Comment

When I checked for a Eagle LS2 for my GTP best I found is 125 plus mounting ect. But replacing it is the safest
                      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                      Gotta have it Green color
                      Brembo brake package
                      420 HP 5.0L
                      Ford Racing Power Pack
                      GT500 track pack differential cover
                      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Check in CDN in Canada. Our dollar is 90cents USD essemtially and we get ripped off with things

Comment

god damn someone is ass raper u with 3grit sandpaper for that price for one tire. i had a buldge in my tire on the sidewall had that replaced and fixed a hole in my other tire all for $170 including balance and tax

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                          Originally posted by ahuhn
                          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Check Costco man. They usually have good prices on tires (if they stock that one ) Other than that, check Canadian Tire, and Discount Tire.

sigpic
                            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                              Check Costco man. They usually have good prices on tires (if they stock that one ) Other than that, check Canadian Tire, and Discount Tire.
                              Canadian tire, they rock :smoke: they should call it the Canadian Walmart seriously though, if it is really that close to the sidewall, it is better to be safe then sorry.
                              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Working...
                              X