Ventpods and aeroforce gauges installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ventpods and aeroforce gauges installed

Alright, I'm putting this in my own thread so not to rain on Colin's thread and simply because I want to. :P

I finally got my gauges in, and installed them in the ventpods in my center vents. I'll touch base on the ventpod just for a sec. The quality of the part is top notch, and the fit was perfect. Jim did an amazing job with these and the measurements are perfect, they don't rotate once installed in the vent as the fit is snug and the gauges fit perfectly inside the pod. I did make a suggestion to Jim that I think should make a very small but welcome improvement, it does not effect functionality at all. He sent these out to me very quickly, and was very helpful along the way. Anyone thinking of getting these would not be disappointed.

Now to talk about the concern over the airflow issue... simply put there is none as it works perfectly. What changes is the pattern of the airflow, obviously the center area of the vent won't have any airflow. But what changes is the area around the gauge comes out at a greater velocity, so imo you may lose some overall volume but in real world testing but I notice no overall difference in flow between my normal vents and these ventpods. You lose the ability to direct the airflow, but my centers are always blowing straight out anyway so for me it's a win-win situation.
    These pods absolutely rock, a huge thanks to Jim for taking the time and effort to get these things made for us.

Onto the gauges, very briefly they are just a scan tool put neatly into an attractive gauge. Coupled with the ventpod I believe them to be the best option for a attractive yet stock looking solution, but again that's just my opinion. They have many different color combinations available, and the red display is pretty much a perfect match to the stock red lighting. They will do pretty much everything other scan tools like a scangauge, g-tech pro, dashhawk, etc... and with the added wideband sensor(s) they will do all the things specific afr gauges... etc will do. They will record also but however they don't have downloadable logging, they are planning to release an module to download data to playback later. But however they do have features that other scan tools don't have like supporting analog inputs for wideband sensors... huge plus for me since our cars aren't equipped with them. Adding a wideband afr sensor simply connects to the back of this gauge. They'll read and clear trouble codes, do performance calculations like 0-60, 1/8 and 1/4 runs, HP reading, control e-fans, case relearns, and many more parameters. Colin already posted a lot about it so I'll just link here, you can read about em here if you want to know more. I'm trying to put together info for a possible GB on these in the near future, to go along with coupling them with the ventpod.

High performance automotive genuine AeroForce Technology OBD2 gauges, pods, cables, sensor kits, and accessories to improve the performance of your vehicle.

Click for full size.
    Ventpod

Ventpod installed in vent

Gauge installed

Vent fully assembled

Different angle

And the finished product

Here are some more pics.

End result

Another

Another

Night shot, at full brightness so the background comes out a little red

Night shot again

Annunciator/shift lights/warning lights. Left side seems brighter, but is just the way the pic was taken oh and Pontiac start up logo w00t.

Re: Ventpods and aeroforce gauges installed

Nice looks awsome.

2007 supercharged GT: 3.6 pulley, Intake, AL104s, 180* t-stat, overkilled pcm, SSAC style headers, 2.5" cat-back, gauge pod with aeroforce, boost and, OP gauges, Inferno hood (functional), tint and, rims.

Comment

The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

My car is the best! Stop trying to be sweeter than me.

Comment

do these apply with later models? such as 2008 GXP? Looks to be plug and play

Comment

that's a nice touch. matches the interior perfectly too. good job!
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

does look awesome.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
              TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
              Show
              -20% tint
              -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
              -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by ImSweetAndSuch
                do these apply with later models? such as 2008 GXP? Looks to be plug and play
                Yep they just plug in under your dash, just run the cable from the gauges and plug the end into the port. Has a cap on the end which blends in nicely, imo makes the existing port look better since it just looks like a cover. Just a matter of plugging it in. The CAN series supports all of the G6 models.

Comment

cool

well then perhaps i shall purchase!

Comment

Does your air blast you like it should still? Or heat in your case?

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

anyone mount these in the driver side pillar?

Comment

Yeah check out Colin's thread a couple down from mine, he mounted his over there. Actually if you meant the actual pillar then no, since going that way you'll have to custom make gauge pods for those.

Bryan, the heat still flows perfectly.

Comment

So i read about the ventpods. Are these available for purchase as well and whos selling...is it that Jim fella?

by the way how is your 1/4 mile?

Comment

Yeah Jim makes them, and we'll be creating a thread with more info here soon for a list of buyers.

I haven't had much time to play around with it, I still need to go in and setup a few things before I try out the performance runs.

Comment

cool let me know how that goes ill be interested in buying this bad boy for sure

Comment

Working...
                              X