The best drying product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best drying product?

What do you think is the best product to dry a car off with to avoid seeing water spots? I have always been a fond lover of a nice chamois, and I have sworn by them for the past 7 years, but since I got my G6, it's just not working anymore. I will dry the car off and you can see every single streak. I'm convinced part of the problem is because I've got that dark blue paint, but there has to be something that can get all of the water spots off without leaving streaks. Any suggestions?

Re: The best drying product?

I don't use a chamois on mine anymore.
    Got a nice tip from my dad. He started using a leaf blower to dry off his Harley.
    Works great, and gets in all the cracks that we can't get in with a towel. Plus it's a lot faster, and nothing touches the car but air, so no chance of scratches. On a well waxed car, you can have it dry in under 2 minutes.
    Just be careful you don't drop it on the car!

Originally posted by acxdarlene
    no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

I was looking for ways to make taking care of my car less work and easyer on me becuse of health problems. My son gave me one of those Mr. Clean auto dry car kits and I thought ya right another gimic but what the hell.
      The last step for the final rinse uses a filtering system and i don't no what else but the first time I used it i was amazed. I did not touch my car and it dryed without a streak or spot. i have used it several times and have had the same results.

Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
      It takes years to become a member of this elite group

Comment

Yeah mine leaves spots like no other as well. When its clean its beautiful but when it rains it looks like an off road vehicle. I never thought about using my leaf blower!!! Going to try it next time. LEAF BLOWER FTW
        Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
        I <3 Cody.

No homo.
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

If youre getting water spots you should probably try to start washing it inside instead of your garage( if you can) or in a shaded area.

After I do each area I like to flood the area with water to get rid of the majority of the remaining water and then go over it with a waffle weave drying towel.
          http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-dwdt-2.html

If you dont like doing that I used to use this.\/ Which was pretty good too but you always want to make sure you wash the car really well so you dont pick up any dirt and scratch the paint.
          http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/ ... 003_763689
          Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Waffle microfibers will absorb the best, if not you can use a water blade and then do touch ups with a towel. The Mr. Clean autodry works good, but the filters are pretty expensive and you don't get many uses out of them. They remove impurities from the water which cause the spots, even if you dry it in the shade you'll still get some water spots. But if you are washing in direct sunlight, make sure you are getting the soap off before it dries. The leaf blower is another common thing to do also, just whatever you prefer to use... just make sure it's paint safe and clean I've seen people use rough dirty rags to dry their car.

Comment

I use a towel called "the absorber"--basically a synthetic chamois. Works really well, and if left wet, will not rot.
              "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
              ~~GWAR's description of Hell
              Skaði: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Originally posted by LordKOTL
                I use a towel called "the absorber"--basically a synthetic chamois. Works really well, and if left wet, will not rot.
                I have an Absorber, and have used it for many years. It's great to start with. However, I recently got a bundle of MICROFIBER towels, and they are the best thing I've ever used. Much better than any chamois I've seen. They are very, very absorbent.
                Has been sold -> 2007 Emerald Green Pontiac G6 Sedan V6/Sport

Comment

Absorber
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

im gonna have to try the leaf blower method. ive used a chamois, the water blade thing, micro fiber towels and regular towels. but i can never get the water in the nooks and crannies(which eventually leave DRIP marks)

Comment

Sometimes the leaf blower doesnt get all the water out,(depending on the blower ) I like to use a air compressor when it comes to that.
                      Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Yea, I have run into that once or twice. Good thinkin Fischer, I'll have to try that one.
                        Thanks

Originally posted by acxdarlene
                        no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

Working...
                        X